Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I was underwhelmed.
Joined: Feb 15, 2006
Posted to Thread #30361 at 7:33 pm on Jun 24, 2018
It sounded wonderful, but it was very subtle. I didn't like the tzatziki recipe at all (very thick, in spite of the fact I used undrained Greek yogurt, and not much flavor. After consulting other recipes, I added lemon juice which helped) and the amount of effort (to say nothing of the mess) to grate a tomato and an onion on a box grater was ridiculous. Plus mincing 8 garlic cloves. So I was disappointed. I'm gonna use the meat, which was interesting, if not exciting, with some spices, etc, on crispy flour tortillas.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30361. NYT Pork Gyros - Pam - 9:02pm on 06/22/18 (8)
- Hope it was good Pam. I was able to view the recipe easily after googling. Looks wonderful. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:53pm on 06/23/18
- Sounds intriguing and delicious. Did you enjoy it? [NT] - Curious1 - 8:30pm on 06/23/18
- I was underwhelmed. - Pam - 7:33pm on 06/24/18
- Don't think I've seen a tzatziki recipe without some kind of acid. I also have been a bit - Curious1 - 6:52pm on 06/25/18
- With a name like Middle School Tacos, I have to try it! :-D [NT] - LisainLA - 11:31pm on 06/25/18
- Somehow I knew this would speak to the teacher in you. :-) [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 2:06am on 06/26/18
- :-D - actually, it is the only cafeteria food DD would eat in elementary school, - LisainLA - 4:58am on 06/27/18
- LOL on the Nutella sandwich. And...wow...I can't believe she is in - Pat-NoCal - 12:22am on 06/28/18