Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Lisa - LA||
Thanks Cathy, I was thinking if I close my eyes and smell, if I can't tell what it
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30401 at 2:28 pm on Jul 16, 2018
Is, then it't time to toss.
I guess I am trying to motivate myself into a real purge, vs a reorganization. :-D. I like your suggestion better for that!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30401. Purging/reorganizing my spice cabinet...can I go by the smell test for tossing stuff? - LisainLA - 9:36pm on 07/14/18 (11)
- There is a general rule: anything over a year old should be tossed - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:14pm on 07/15/18
- Thanks Cathy, I was thinking if I close my eyes and smell, if I can't tell what it - LisainLA - 2:28pm on 07/16/18
- Just for the record, I've noticed the newest order from Penzeys has bottles dated into 2020. Their - Curious1 - 6:28pm on 07/16/18
- Yes, I hav so many spices I bought and ended up using only a few times, but I know if I - LisainLA - 4:26am on 07/17/18
- No matter what the spice, they all seem to keep better in tightly lidded GLASS jars. . . - mistral - 5:08pm on 07/17/18
- I buy my most used spices and herbs from Penzeys in bulk. I refill the small glass jars - KarenNoCA - 2:35pm on 07/18/18
- I do smell them. And some definitely smell like old tea leaves so out they go. But honestly, I have - Marg CDN2 - 2:35am on 07/17/18
- Thanks! I have some very old basil frm my sister-in-law's garden that is still very potent and - LisainLA - 4:27am on 07/17/18
- I have home grown oregano that must be over two years old now, in a glass jar. . . - mistral - 5:10pm on 07/17/18
- I took a class with Perla Meyers one time, and she said that if your dried spice was more than - wigs - 12:47pm on 07/25/18
- Yes, I do get the waste not aspect....and I have some spices of unknown vintage - LisainLA - 3:49pm on 07/25/18