Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Not sure about what brand flour you refer to, but in 2016 General Mills had a recall of
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #30408 at 12:30 pm on Jul 25, 2018
flour--one was Gold Medal--naturally I had 50 pounds of the exact UPS code on hand that I had to lug back! The good news is that they replaced my myriad 10-pound bags with 12-pound bags! Here is the announcement that was posted in 2016==>
2016 Recall from General Mills:
General Mills of Minneapolis, MN, continues to collaborate with health officials to investigate a multistate outbreak of E. coli O121, and is expanding its recall of Gold Medal flour, Wondra flour, and Signature Kitchens flour to include flour made earlier in the fall that may still be in consumers’ pantries. The recall is being expanded due to a newly-reported illness that appears to have stemmed from the consumption of raw dough or batter linked to flour produced last fall.
Guidance from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) continues to warn that consumers should refrain from consuming any raw products made with flour. E. coli O121 is eliminated by heat through baking, frying, sautéing or boiling products made with flour. All surfaces, hands and utensils should be properly cleaned after contact with flour or dough.
Although most strains of E. coli are harmless, others can make you sick. E. coli O121 is a potentially deadly bacterium that can cause bloody diarrhea and dehydration. Seniors, the very young, and persons with compromised immune systems are the most susceptible to foodborne illness.
Other messages in this thread:
- Certain types of Ritz crackers as well! So many issues lately from seemingly - LisainLA - 2:55pm on 07/24/18
- Speaking of the threat from odd places, I had no idea handling flour could make you sick. [LINK] - Curious1 - 4:56pm on 07/24/18
- wow thanks for posting that - pmassell_93 - 5:17pm on 07/24/18
- I JUST saw a warning on a bag of flour and wondered what was up with that. [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:57pm on 07/24/18
- Not sure about what brand flour you refer to, but in 2016 General Mills had a recall of - wigs - 12:30pm on 07/25/18
- it's on the jar of Wondra: *WARNING: Flour is not ready-to-eat and must be thoroughly - MarilynFL - 7:01pm on 07/25/18
- I think it is on all flour now, because of the e coli contamination. [NT] - LisainLA - 7:11pm on 07/25/18