Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I've started writing pan size and weight of batter on the bottom with Sharpie.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30411 at 2:11 pm on Jul 26, 2018
That way I get a consistent amount each time. Of course, some cake batters are denser (heavier) than others, but at least two or three panfuls of the same batter will all bake the same.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30411. Well, of course I could’ve bought a half sheet pan, but you know me... [IMAGE] - MariaDNoCA - 10:57pm on 07/25/18 (25)
- okay...deep breathe because you're gonna need to play with this puppy. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:09pm on 07/25/18
- Have you met me? You know I go all in without a net... [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 12:29am on 07/26/18
- OK, turns out I do have several rose/flower nails - MariaDNoCA - 8:36am on 07/26/18
- I swear by the damp cake strips - not only do they insure perfectly even baking - cheezz - 9:39pm on 08/13/18
- Marilyn, thank you so much for this info!!! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 12:31pm on 07/26/18
- Also, the back side of the label should tell how much batter you need for... - MarilynFL - 11:23pm on 07/25/18
- Finally, here are tips from Cake Central for another 16" cake virgin. [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:47pm on 07/25/18
- Cake Central is soooo helpful! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 12:34pm on 07/26/18
- Nope. I have yet to own a pan that even says its dimensions on the back. - MariaDNoCA - 12:32am on 07/26/18
- I’m going to use this pan conversation info... [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 12:46am on 07/26/18
- I've started writing pan size and weight of batter on the bottom with Sharpie. - MarilynFL - 2:11pm on 07/26/18
- I do the same thing! It's helped me out a bunch. [NT] - GeorgiaRose - 6:38pm on 07/26/18
- hi there, GR! Haven't seen you since...well, a long time. NICE to see you! [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:21pm on 07/26/18
- [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:23pm on 07/26/18
- So after added info...am I certifiable? Or do you think it will work? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 12:48am on 07/26/18
- The difference in square inches is about 32, which is a strip of 2X16. - Charley - 11:28am on 07/26/18
- Oh ya, it will work. Use the nails...they won't hurt. And I'd really suggest a practice run because - MarilynFL - 12:10pm on 07/26/18
- Fyi I always have flat cakes after learning this tip -> [NT] [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 5:12pm on 07/26/18
- oh, I am SO trying this method! Thanks, M. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:52am on 07/27/18
- Please report out. I'll be next (after I try the nail thing in a tall pan of mine) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 12:47pm on 07/27/18
- I may not fill the cake - MariaDNoCA - 5:25pm on 07/26/18
- And now I’m out of the cake business...Change of plans… - MariaDNoCA - 6:36pm on 07/26/18
- This says it all: *I can make them with the kids and everyone is happy*. Isn't that the reason - MarilynFL - 8:25pm on 07/26/18
- Lol, yes it was! - MariaDNoCA - 2:39am on 07/27/18
- Cracker toffee! - colleenmomof2 - 4:11pm on 08/01/18