Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Hi all, thanks for thinking of me. You CA folks no doubt recall the terrible fire that hit
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #30414 at 7:54 pm on Jul 27, 2018
Santa Rosa and took down everything in its path? That is exactly what this Carr fire is. Started across the I5 and the Sacramento river and took out neighborhoods, marina on Whiskeytown Lake, roared on into part of the city, created havoc and even made its own tournado! It split and is now moving up into the northern end of our community near Lake Shasta destroying homes and structures as it goes. My sweet housekeeper lost her home yesterday.. We had our car packed up by midnight last night but thanks to our son who lives in Sacramento and studied the fire maps and topography of the land advised we would most likely be spared. I checked with another qualified neighbor and then with our local dispatch for medical, fire and police who assured me our area was not a concern of theirs.
So got to bed around 2 am - up again at 5 am to turn on the TV and see what was happening. Fire has moved away from the city at one end but remains on the west side of the river on another end of it. So far so good. I am keeping packed, (hubby unpacked and put his stuff away) but I know the fire has a mind of its own and can turn . Looking around our home last night as I decided I had to let it all go, including one car, artwork, etc. it was a wonder how so many folks live through this terrible thing. What can one do, on short notice you pack up and get out. Roads were clogged, motels were all full for miles around. My decision to stay was a good one and for now I am thankful.
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 30414. Are our Northern California folks safe from the fires? Please check in. [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:39pm on 07/27/18 (11)
- I came on here this morning hoping to see Karen had checked in I’m worried about her - MariaDNoCA - 6:14pm on 07/27/18
- Hi all, thanks for thinking of me. You CA folks no doubt recall the terrible fire that hit - KarenNoCA - 7:54pm on 07/27/18
- Glad you checked in. You are all like extended family and I hope you keep safe. [NT] - Anna_X - 8:12pm on 07/27/18
- Ditto! [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:30pm on 07/28/18
- Karen, so glad to know you are safe. Saw news tonight of fires and immediately thought of you. So - Curious1 - 3:01am on 07/28/18
- Yes, stay in touch and stay safe! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 4:06pm on 07/28/18
- My house in Kelseyville is safe but - daricem - 7:48pm on 07/29/18
- Stay safe, darice. Those fires can jump in a heartbeat. Thanks for checking in. [NT] - MarilynFL - 9:08pm on 07/29/18
- Over 1/3 of our Redding area have been evacuated, so many of the have come over - KarenNoCA - 1:37am on 07/30/18
- Thank you for checking in. You have been in thoughts and prayers and will continue to be til this - Curious1 - 4:27am on 07/30/18
- Thanks for asking this Marilyn! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:03am on 07/28/18