Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I've just won Willie Wonka's Golden Ticket! THANK YOU, desertculinary. GayR, thank
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30413 at 1:44 pm on Jul 28, 2018
you for being our Super Search Maven. This sounds exactly like what I need to do to correct this problem. But it will have to wait to test: I just used up my KA flour to bake cranberry almond scones for the library book sale. But I'm trying this method very soon and will report results.
The method looks like the first steps of pate choux which I learned to make standing on a chair over the stove in my mother's kitchen. We didn't call it that: just cream puffs. She also used it in her dairy-free torte icing for fasting days.
I LOVE OUR SITE!!!
DC, thanks for the second link as it will help me adjust my own recipe.
Did I mention that I LOVE OUR GENEROUS POSTERS who share their knowledge to help us become a better cooks and bakers. Thank you again.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30413. Will someone please look at this dough and tell me WHY for the love of fat molecules it dries out [LINK] - MarilynFL - 10:34pm on 07/26/18 (13)
- It dries out wrapped in plastic wrap in the fridge? - MariaDNoCA - 2:47am on 07/27/18
- I don't put baked goods in the refrigerator, but to your point, it would only be one layer of Saran. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:50am on 07/27/18
- You are saying that the dough itself is not as moist as the day before? To me that isn't "fat" - Charley - 10:44am on 07/27/18
- C, it's the baked product that is perfect on Day 1 and drier on Day 2. I just don't get it. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:50am on 07/27/18
- Well, I think almost any baked product is a bit like that. - Charley - 7:16pm on 07/27/18
- Cinnamon rolls are notorious for this... - desertculinary - 11:35pm on 07/27/18
- desertculinary....Thank you for this and found information on this Asian Method here [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 1:59am on 07/28/18
- I've just won Willie Wonka's Golden Ticket! THANK YOU, desertculinary. GayR, thank - MarilynFL - 1:44pm on 07/28/18
- Wow...I just looked at the math and my recipe is only 47% hydration...and it should be 75%. - MarilynFL - 12:27am on 07/29/18
- Marilyn, Hope you have great success when you try the recipe....look forward to your results. - GayR - 2:53am on 07/29/18
- I use Tangzhong in my milk bread recipe. [NT] - deb-in-MI - 3:27pm on 07/28/18
- Tangzhong! Very cool! - colleenmomof2 - 3:57pm on 08/01/18