Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30416 at 7:02 pm on Jul 28, 2018
I can tell you what I put in it:
Make a thick pancake batter from white AP Flour, stone ground cornmeal (roughly 3:1 on the flour to cornmeal ratio), sugar, malted milk powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, eggs, buttermilk, and corn oil. Stir to just combine and don't overbeat. A trick I use is to hold out 1/3 of the flour, make a thin batter, then fold in the last flour so that it doesn't get overworked, think muffin mixing.
Ladle batter onto greased gridle, immediately top pancakes with fresh blueberries evenly over the entire top. Turn when bubbly and finish griddling.
Place a large pat of butter between each pancake in a stack. Top with choice of maple and/or sorghum syrups. Dust with confectioner's sugar, garnish with fresh blueberries and strawberries.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30416. Goings on in the summer kitchen... - Richard in Cincy - 2:09pm on 07/28/18 (10)
- Wow. Amazing culinary adventures in Ohio! Where do you get the energy? [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:28pm on 07/28/18
- Pancake recipe, please? [NT] - Music City Missy - 5:32pm on 07/28/18
- Moi? Recipe? - Richard in Cincy - 7:02pm on 07/28/18
- LOL, what was I thinking! - Music City Missy - 10:12pm on 07/29/18
- Kentucky Hot Brown [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 7:10pm on 07/28/18
- Really/ - Charley - 11:49pm on 07/28/18
- Gee...my *grandmothers* meals included sauerkraut, pickled pigs feet & the HEAD of a pig. - MarilynFL - 10:57pm on 07/28/18
- Me, too, Mar. I remember sitting at the kitchen table "picking meat"! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 3:03pm on 07/30/18
- You are so funny. I was too close to the money. I worked in the tobacco ... - Richard in Cincy - 4:50am on 08/11/18
- This all sounds so wonderful! [NT] - LisainLA - 6:22pm on 07/30/18