Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Wow...I just looked at the math and my recipe is only 47% hydration...and it should be 75%.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30413 at 12:27 am on Jul 29, 2018
Milk will increase from 3/4 C to 1 C + 3 TBL. Their example bread recipe used some butter, but no eggs or sour cream. My recipe uses a LOT of butter and multiple eggs and sour cream, but I'm going to test it just by increasing the whole milk first.
I also want to keep using my bread machine DOUGH cycle because I'm lazy like that, so I'll do the tangzhone cooking step manually, then add that when cool to the machine as an ingredient.
Of course, my store was out of KA flour, so I'll be using another organic one: Arrowhead Mills.
KA says 1 cups = 120 grams...this flour says 1 Cup = 136 grams.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30413. Will someone please look at this dough and tell me WHY for the love of fat molecules it dries out [LINK] - MarilynFL - 10:34pm on 07/26/18 (13)
- It dries out wrapped in plastic wrap in the fridge? - MariaDNoCA - 2:47am on 07/27/18
- I don't put baked goods in the refrigerator, but to your point, it would only be one layer of Saran. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:50am on 07/27/18
- You are saying that the dough itself is not as moist as the day before? To me that isn't "fat" - Charley - 10:44am on 07/27/18
- C, it's the baked product that is perfect on Day 1 and drier on Day 2. I just don't get it. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:50am on 07/27/18
- Well, I think almost any baked product is a bit like that. - Charley - 7:16pm on 07/27/18
- Cinnamon rolls are notorious for this... - desertculinary - 11:35pm on 07/27/18
- desertculinary....Thank you for this and found information on this Asian Method here [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 1:59am on 07/28/18
- I've just won Willie Wonka's Golden Ticket! THANK YOU, desertculinary. GayR, thank - MarilynFL - 1:44pm on 07/28/18
- Wow...I just looked at the math and my recipe is only 47% hydration...and it should be 75%. - MarilynFL - 12:27am on 07/29/18
- Marilyn, Hope you have great success when you try the recipe....look forward to your results. - GayR - 2:53am on 07/29/18
- I use Tangzhong in my milk bread recipe. [NT] - deb-in-MI - 3:27pm on 07/28/18
- Tangzhong! Very cool! - colleenmomof2 - 3:57pm on 08/01/18