Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Over 1/3 of our Redding area have been evacuated, so many of the have come over
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #30414 at 1:37 am on Jul 30, 2018
to the east side of the Sacramento River where we live. Firefighters are desperately trying to protect the east side. Fire continues to rage with only 5 % containment which is nothing.. We got a break to with "a little help from above". The smoke lifted, and the contracted air tanker which holds 4000, gallons of retardant was able to fly, as were the helicopters, pulling water from lakes, rivers and where they can. It has been a terrifying experience, for me, and my hubby who is a dementia/ alzheimers patient.
Fires all over CA...we are not the only fish in the bowl, as Daricem said, so we have to share resources. The crews are doing an amazing job, and we are so thankful for the work they are doing, many working 60 hour shifts!
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 30414. Are our Northern California folks safe from the fires? Please check in. [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:39pm on 07/27/18 (11)
- I came on here this morning hoping to see Karen had checked in I’m worried about her - MariaDNoCA - 6:14pm on 07/27/18
- Hi all, thanks for thinking of me. You CA folks no doubt recall the terrible fire that hit - KarenNoCA - 7:54pm on 07/27/18
- Glad you checked in. You are all like extended family and I hope you keep safe. [NT] - Anna_X - 8:12pm on 07/27/18
- Ditto! [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:30pm on 07/28/18
- Karen, so glad to know you are safe. Saw news tonight of fires and immediately thought of you. So - Curious1 - 3:01am on 07/28/18
- Yes, stay in touch and stay safe! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 4:06pm on 07/28/18
- My house in Kelseyville is safe but - daricem - 7:48pm on 07/29/18
- Stay safe, darice. Those fires can jump in a heartbeat. Thanks for checking in. [NT] - MarilynFL - 9:08pm on 07/29/18
- Over 1/3 of our Redding area have been evacuated, so many of the have come over - KarenNoCA - 1:37am on 07/30/18
- Thank you for checking in. You have been in thoughts and prayers and will continue to be til this - Curious1 - 4:27am on 07/30/18
- Thanks for asking this Marilyn! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:03am on 07/28/18