Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Use disposable individual tins instead
Joined: Dec 17, 2005
Posted to Thread #30418 at 1:47 pm on Jul 30, 2018
I've made lava cakes 3 times now - once at class (CIA chocolate class), and at home. Very easy.
We used disposable foil ramekins at class. Use softened butter and pastry brush to well lube them. Really lay it on thick. Then we sugared them, then filled. At class we froze at this point to take home (individually wrapped in plastic wrap). To bake from frozen just add a little more cooking time - but wtch closely. In King Arthur's site, the tell you how to bake from frozen. This means you can make ahead and pop into the oven when you need them.
Using the individual cups means putting them right on the serving plate from the tin - they're kind of fragile when they come out of the oven. I wouldn't try to move them after unmolding them.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30418. Anyone have experience or tips for making lava cakes in a muffin pan? [LINK] - LisainLA - 2:54pm on 07/29/18 (15)
- Haven't personally made lava cakes in a muffin tin but - Pat-NoCal - 3:51pm on 07/29/18
- Great ideas! I don't have a 6 slotted pan, but am thinking of making a test batch, - LisainLA - 4:38pm on 07/29/18
- Looking forward to your research report. 😉 [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 4:55pm on 07/29/18
- I made one from scratch once and wasn't that impressed, but this WALMART version worked well! You [LINK] - MarilynFL - 7:12pm on 07/29/18
- Thanks Mar, good to know! [NT] - LisainLA - 6:20pm on 07/30/18
- Use disposable individual tins instead [LINK] - Tess - 1:47pm on 07/30/18
- Great idea for the disposible tins and making ahead. I think I will need 30 of them, - LisainLA - 6:22pm on 07/30/18
- Consider testing first to ensure finished item can be removed. Most instructions say to run a knife - MarilynFL - 9:50pm on 07/30/18
- Rhank you everyone for your input. I have had a last minute complication, so - LisainLA - 3:57am on 07/31/18
- You are going to have total strangers knocking at your door over the scent. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:05pm on 07/31/18
- Right??? Knock Knock!! [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 6:54pm on 08/01/18
- I've only used the disposable ones - but you really have to lube them - Tess - 12:59pm on 07/31/18
- THis turned out well - I did two 12 slotted muffin pans, and they were a hit! [NT] - LisainLA - 11:06pm on 08/04/18
- I used the recipe from Once Upon A Chef - be sure to use the best chocolate [LINK] - LisainLA - 12:08am on 08/05/18
- I am so loving the idea that a bunch of kids (boys and girls?) enjoyed this. I'd - MarilynFL - 2:33pm on 08/05/18