Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Does anyone remember a spaghetti sauce that used mushroom broth?
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30419 at 7:34 pm on Jul 30, 2018
I think it called for a pound of mushrooms cooked in water, strained, throw out the mushrooms, and then make a regular spaghetti sauce with fresh mushrooms, the broth, and the usual ingredients. I find myself with a Costco pack that didn't get used as expected.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30419. Does anyone remember a spaghetti sauce that used mushroom broth? - Anna_X - 7:34pm on 07/30/18 (13)
- Not exactly what you asked for... REC: Penne with Mushroom Pesto - judy-mass - 8:36pm on 07/30/18
- This sounds so good! [NT] - Anna_X - 1:18am on 07/31/18
- Could it be the $4 spaghetti sauce recipe you are thinking of? [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 8:50pm on 07/30/18
- REC: 4 dollar spaghetti sauce that tastes almost as good as 24 dollar sauce - mistral - 2:19am on 08/02/18
- Rec: Spaghetti with Mushroom & Tomato Sauce. I found this in my Living Cookbook collection, looks - Curious1 - 9:35pm on 07/30/18
- This must be the recipe that Pat referenced. I knew that sounded familiar, lol. [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 9:51pm on 07/30/18
- Thank you, C1, that's the recipe I was referring to. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 10:23pm on 07/30/18
- Yes, when Curious posted it, I wondered why not just cook mushrooms in the sauce,,, - Anna_X - 10:52pm on 07/30/18
- Sometimes it just takes a village, LOL. Have fun with your mushroom broth. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 10:55pm on 07/30/18
- I am intrigued by the recipe because it builds so much on each layer--and is - Charley - 2:43pm on 07/31/18
- It is good; I have made it. Easy to make, but gotta follow the steps. (nt) [NT] - mistral - 1:23am on 08/03/18
- Curious, I'm going to start calling you Baby GayR due to your search capabilities. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:45pm on 07/31/18
- Making zucchini spaghetti with our leftover frozen spaghetti sauce - colleenmomof2 - 4:33pm on 08/01/18