Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Music City Missy||
WONDERFUL! But I didn't listen to you about making it per the recipe....
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30402 at 1:39 am on Aug 1, 2018
I had too many wonderful tomatoes that we are picking out of our garden so my first and only planned change was to use fresh pureed tomatoes for the water/broth. I remove the seeds because sometimes it seems to make things bitter and I peeled most of them and just cut them in chunks and threw in the Vitamix until they were pureed but they were sort of thick. I thinned it out with chicken stock to bring it to the amount of liquid called for and added a spoon or Better Than Bouillon.
I grow paprika peppers so I added 2 1/2 of them sliced (they are ripe when they are the pale yellow but do eventually turn orange then red but I wanted the additional color rather than the ones that are already orange and red) and tossed in olive oil. I also decided that hubby would have to have some protein and had some chicken tenders already thawed so I marinated them in smoked Spanish paprika, cumin, crushed coriander, and olive oil. I used probably 1 1/2 times the weight of freshly sliced tomato wedges and used 3 different kinds/colors. Finally I thinly sliced a shallot and some shishito peppers (since they are very close to padron) from the garden and tossed them in oil and put them on top of everything. I wish I had waited a few minutes to put those on as they got a little too done in some areas but even the little sort of burnt pieces tasted pretty nice. I also could have gotten a little better socarrat a little crisper.
All in all, it was a big hit. Hubby and daughter liked it and that is always a success.
Hoping that linking to the photo on FB that I have made public will work for now as that is where I already have it uploaded.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30402. Since tomatoes are so yummy right now, I wanted to post this again beacause - KarenNoCA - 3:25pm on 07/16/18 (11)
- Is this the tomato paella recipe you posted? It certainly reads delicious. I recently discovered [LINK] - Curious1 - 6:16pm on 07/16/18
- Yep, I like to repost some of the better, tried and true and never fail recipes because - KarenNoCA - 6:38pm on 07/16/18
- OMG, I just realized I dd not post the link. So sorry about that! Thanks Curious! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 2:34pm on 07/17/18
- I await them anxiously. I think my current fave is a French tomato tart. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 2:25am on 07/19/18
- What is your recipe. I LOVE LOVE LOVE tomato pie. [NT] - Charley - 9:32pm on 07/19/18
- Summer Tomato Tart - Marg CDN2 - 9:24pm on 07/20/18
- Thank you, Marg. I just carted some tasty beefsteaks home from Pittsburgh. Ludicrous price, but - MarilynFL - 12:27am on 07/21/18
- My sandwich was just plain bread, butter, a little salt and tomatoes. My MIL was so upset on - Marg CDN2 - 1:20am on 07/21/18
- No mayo?!! And definitely not made on "artisan" bread--just plain ole white bread!! [NT] - Charley - 10:49am on 07/22/18
- The tomatoes in NC are pretty darn good. Look for cherokee purples - Charley - 10:35am on 07/21/18
- WONDERFUL! But I didn't listen to you about making it per the recipe.... [IMAGE] - Music City Missy - 1:39am on 08/01/18