Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Glazed Peach Pie or Tarts
Joined: Mar 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #30424 at 7:02 pm on Aug 2, 2018
I like to make individual tarts shells with phyllo dough. I freeze the extras and make the filling as needed. These are great for my husband and I since they are just the right size with no leftovers.
Glazed Peach Pie or Tarts
4 cups peaches
1/2 cup water
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon butter
1 baked pie shell
4 sheets phyllo dough
Crush enough peaches to make one cup, leaving remaining peaches to slice. Combine crushed peaches with water, sugar, and cornstarch. Cook until clear (2 to 3 minutes) stirring occasionally. Add butter, cool slightly. Line baked pie shell with sliced peaches. Pour glaze mixture over peaches. Chill at least 2 hours.
Variation: For tarts, cut 4 to 5 inch squares of phylo dough. Stack 4 layers of phyllo squares, buttering each layer lilghtly. Form to fit in muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Cool and fill with sliced peaches and glaze.
NOTE; Use ceramic muffin cups to make a larger size phyllo cup- Spray outside of cups and place upside down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Cut 9 x 13 in. phyllo layers into 6 equal pieces. Lay phyllo over the bottom of each to form a cup. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. Remove phyllo from containers and cool completely on a wire rack.
3 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
put half the blueberries into a medium saucepan. In a small bowl, stir together the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add to the berries along with the lemon juice and bring to a simmer; cook for a few minutes, until the berries burst and soften and the juices thicken. Once it comes to a boil, make sure it cooks for a full minute to maximize thickening potential and make sure it's not starchy.)
Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining blueberries. Let cool, then spoon into the tart shells, piling them high.
Notes: Excellent, especially the phyllo tarts.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30424. why is it difficult to find new peach recipes? They are here and now and wonderful. I am buying them - Marg CDN2 - 5:05pm on 08/02/18 (28)
- Broiled/grilled in a salad, panzanella (with tomatoes), glaze for pork - Charley - 6:31pm on 08/02/18
- This was pretty fantastic... [LINK] - desertculinary - 6:37pm on 08/02/18
- Colonia Peach Cake - rhoward2va - 6:58pm on 08/02/18
- Glazed Peach Pie or Tarts - rhoward2va - 7:02pm on 08/02/18
- Peach caprese salad - rhoward2va - 7:04pm on 08/02/18
- Subbed feta for the goat cheese in this Roast Chicken Salad with Peaches, Goat Cheese, and Pecans [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 7:39pm on 08/02/18
- This Melon-and-Peach Salad with Prosciutto and Mozzarella is light and summery [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 7:46pm on 08/02/18
- Another yummy one -- Peach and Arugula Salad [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 7:50pm on 08/02/18
- This Peach and Blueberry Galette is a relatively quick dessert to whip up. [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 7:53pm on 08/02/18
- An even faster dessert: Grilled Peaches with Fresh Raspberry Sauce [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 7:54pm on 08/02/18
- On my list to try: Grilled Vanilla Bean Mascarpone Peaches with Salted Bourbon Caramel [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 8:02pm on 08/02/18
- What time shall I be there? :-) [NT] - LisainLA - 12:04am on 08/05/18
- I'll text ya when it's ready. With reviews like "I could eat it every single day. It was amazing!!!" - Pat-NoCal - 9:12pm on 08/05/18
- Tennessee Peach Pudding Recipe [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 8:03pm on 08/02/18
- REC: Peach and Frangelico Gratin - judy-mass - 8:49pm on 08/02/18
- REC: Peach Clafouti - judy-mass - 8:51pm on 08/02/18
- Surry County Peach Sonker Recipe (featured by nothinginthe house.com [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 8:56pm on 08/02/18
- You reminded me of a recipe I saw in Cooking Light magazine.Pork Tenderloin with Bourbon-Peach sauce [LINK] - Curious1 - 10:41pm on 08/02/18
- Oooh my! You folks are lovely. I am going out to buy a BOX of peaches tomorrow. - Marg CDN2 - 3:55am on 08/03/18
- A kinds of peach ice cream, some with other fruits. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 1:50pm on 08/03/18
- Marg, Just came across this recipe for Frozen Berry Pudding Bombe that sounds amazing...... [LINK] - GayR - 2:44pm on 08/03/18
- I'm enjoying a lovely peach dessert right now: Citrus pound cake, grilled peach, ginger ice cream & - MarilynFL - 9:48pm on 08/03/18
- Froze 11 whole and have eaten through all but 5 peaches of 25# - colleenmomof2 - 2:28pm on 08/06/18
- I am working my way through these but an inspiration tonight led me to a Peach Margarita. WOW - Marg CDN2 - 4:52am on 08/08/18
- That sounds wonderful, Marg. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 1:58pm on 08/08/18
- Great post / Thread... I also have a bunch of peaches from our CSA. Thx [NT] - barb_b - 8:43pm on 08/11/18
- Golden Peach Pie is excellent! [NT] [LINK] - wigs - 5:27pm on 08/14/18
- Peach-Blueberry Cobbler--very good even though a very old recipe! [NT] [LINK] - wigs - 5:42pm on 08/14/18