Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
We love Meryl's Cranberry Swirl Coffeecake
Joined: Jun 15, 2006
Posted to Thread #30426 at 7:31 pm on Aug 9, 2018
I bet it would be amazing as Peach Swirl Coffeecake - especially with some toasted pecan bits stirred in and a sprinkle of cinnamon/nutmeg/Grains of Paradise and sugar on top ;) Colleen
* Per Meryl's suggestion, I subbed 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt for the 1 cup of sour cream AND 1/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt for 1/4 cup of the butter. Very moist and tasty!
I think that I will try using only 1 cup total of non-fat Greek yogurt: 3/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt for the sour cream along with subbing 1/4 cup of the butter with Greek yogurt.
MERYL'S CRANBERRY SWIRL COFFEECAKE
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature*
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream (sub nonfat plain yogurt)*
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup of fresh cranberry sauce, recommended - (to make the sauce, follow the directions on any package of fresh cranberries), OR one 8-ounce can of whole cranberry sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). (*Decrease the temperature by 25 degrees if using dark pan.). Grease and flour one 9 or 10 inch tube pan.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs just until well blended.
3. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With mixer running, (lower the mixer speed), add the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream (or yogurt) to the butter mixture until just blended. Do not overmix! Stir in the almond extract and mix only until just combined. Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. Swirl 1/2 of the cranberry sauce into the batter. Repeat, ending with the batter on top.
4. Bake about 55 minutes (ck at 45 min) or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Let cool in pan on wire rack about 10 minutes. Cut around edge of the cake to loosen, then turn out and let cool completely on wire rack.
Makes 1 - 9 or 10 inch tube pan (12 servings).
Adapted from Allrecipes
Link: Meryl's Cranberry Swirl Coffeecake
Other messages in this thread:
- 30426. A little help please. Picked up a peck plus of Georgia peaches (O'Henry and Jersey) - MarilynFL - 2:42pm on 08/05/18 (26)
- I did read a good hint: put prepared pie filling in an empty pie pan, freeze it, then put - MarilynFL - 2:44pm on 08/05/18
- I used to freeze peach pie filling like that with an old recipe from - Curious1 - 4:35pm on 08/05/18
- Marilyn, You may find this useful.......... [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 11:07pm on 08/05/18
- The perfect solution; saving this link! Thank you both (my kitchen smells so peachy right now) [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:47pm on 08/06/18
- My pleasure, Marilyn [NT] - GayR - 7:43pm on 08/06/18
- I did this one year, a long time ago, with some wonderful nectarines and promptly forgot. . . - mistral - 8:22pm on 08/11/18
- Freeze ripe peaches whole with skin on - colleenmomof2 - 2:14pm on 08/06/18
- I hate jam. I hate jelly. I hate Certo. I hate Sure Jel. I am in a foul, sticky, jammy - MarilynFL - 1:25pm on 08/08/18
- Sorry Mar. :-( [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 1:59pm on 08/08/18
- Pat, did you see my email? [NT] - Janet in NC - 2:29pm on 08/08/18
- I did, I did. Replying now. :-) [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 3:51pm on 08/08/18
- Could you make it into freezer jam? [NT] - GeorgiaRose - 2:02pm on 08/08/18
- I'll let this post answer for me. [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 2:58pm on 08/08/18
- Recook it . [NT] - Charley - 1:17pm on 08/09/18
- I did recook. No better. Then I added more pection/lemon/sugar, recooked. No help. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:23pm on 08/09/18
- I can tell you a no fail delicious peach jam - Charley - 1:15pm on 08/09/18
- Mine was 4.5 Cups of puree with 7.5 cups of sugar plus pectin plus lemon juice. - MarilynFL - 4:24pm on 08/09/18
- I sort of read this as using liquid pectin. I think powdered is more certain. - Charley - 6:32pm on 08/09/18
- Two different batches. One used liquid, the other used powder. Both failed. Twice! i give up. [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:52pm on 08/09/18
- What size pan did you use? For easiest, fastest jelling a very BROAD pan with . . . - mistral - 8:11pm on 08/11/18
- I dub thy 12 jars of un-jam, un-jelly stuff Ice Cream Topping AKA . . . - mistral - 5:57pm on 08/09/18
- Oh, dear :( So very sorry to hear - colleenmomof2 - 7:23pm on 08/09/18
- We love Meryl's Cranberry Swirl Coffeecake [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 7:31pm on 08/09/18
- Well, I did end up with jars of *Peachy Bourbon Syrup* (Wild Turkey mates w/ GA Peach) - MarilynFL - 3:01pm on 08/08/18
- Bourbon and peaches are a match made in heaven... - Richard in Cincy - 2:02am on 08/11/18
- Ooh, OOOH, use your Peachy Bourbon Syrup to make limeade!!! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 8:05pm on 08/11/18