Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Bourbon and peaches are a match made in heaven...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30426 at 2:02 am on Aug 11, 2018
Bourbon, peaches, a little honey, a squeeze of lime, hello rocks...
It is the quest every year to find an honest to god tree riped peach. Thankfully, Trader Joe's has been shipping in heirloom peach varieties from California small fruit farmers tucked into their little pillow boxes, 10 for $6. Believe me, these are worth every penny compared to the dozens I buy at the store that rot before they even soften from green-as-a gourd-stone hard, much less ripen. My peach today was so intensely peachy, juice running down my chin, with memories of my childhood and picking fresh ripe peaches in the orchard.
We've gone through our first box of the season and going back tomorrow for our second.
They are worth the price.
Someone said to me back in June: Fresh peaches are back at Kroger! I said, "are you kidding me!"--I don't buy peaches until August.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30426. A little help please. Picked up a peck plus of Georgia peaches (O'Henry and Jersey) - MarilynFL - 2:42pm on 08/05/18 (26)
- I did read a good hint: put prepared pie filling in an empty pie pan, freeze it, then put - MarilynFL - 2:44pm on 08/05/18
- I used to freeze peach pie filling like that with an old recipe from - Curious1 - 4:35pm on 08/05/18
- Marilyn, You may find this useful.......... [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 11:07pm on 08/05/18
- The perfect solution; saving this link! Thank you both (my kitchen smells so peachy right now) [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:47pm on 08/06/18
- My pleasure, Marilyn [NT] - GayR - 7:43pm on 08/06/18
- I did this one year, a long time ago, with some wonderful nectarines and promptly forgot. . . - mistral - 8:22pm on 08/11/18
- Freeze ripe peaches whole with skin on - colleenmomof2 - 2:14pm on 08/06/18
- I hate jam. I hate jelly. I hate Certo. I hate Sure Jel. I am in a foul, sticky, jammy - MarilynFL - 1:25pm on 08/08/18
- Sorry Mar. :-( [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 1:59pm on 08/08/18
- Pat, did you see my email? [NT] - Janet in NC - 2:29pm on 08/08/18
- I did, I did. Replying now. :-) [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 3:51pm on 08/08/18
- Could you make it into freezer jam? [NT] - GeorgiaRose - 2:02pm on 08/08/18
- I'll let this post answer for me. [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 2:58pm on 08/08/18
- Recook it . [NT] - Charley - 1:17pm on 08/09/18
- I did recook. No better. Then I added more pection/lemon/sugar, recooked. No help. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:23pm on 08/09/18
- I can tell you a no fail delicious peach jam - Charley - 1:15pm on 08/09/18
- Mine was 4.5 Cups of puree with 7.5 cups of sugar plus pectin plus lemon juice. - MarilynFL - 4:24pm on 08/09/18
- I sort of read this as using liquid pectin. I think powdered is more certain. - Charley - 6:32pm on 08/09/18
- Two different batches. One used liquid, the other used powder. Both failed. Twice! i give up. [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:52pm on 08/09/18
- What size pan did you use? For easiest, fastest jelling a very BROAD pan with . . . - mistral - 8:11pm on 08/11/18
- I dub thy 12 jars of un-jam, un-jelly stuff Ice Cream Topping AKA . . . - mistral - 5:57pm on 08/09/18
- Oh, dear :( So very sorry to hear - colleenmomof2 - 7:23pm on 08/09/18
- Well, I did end up with jars of *Peachy Bourbon Syrup* (Wild Turkey mates w/ GA Peach) - MarilynFL - 3:01pm on 08/08/18
- Bourbon and peaches are a match made in heaven... - Richard in Cincy - 2:02am on 08/11/18
- Ooh, OOOH, use your Peachy Bourbon Syrup to make limeade!!! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 8:05pm on 08/11/18