Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Intolerant people. Those who say they can't consume types of foods, are about to get the
Joined: Oct 13, 2010
Posted to Thread #30448 at 10:06 pm on Aug 15, 2018
boot from me unless they are serious about it. My friend invited me to dinner with a new couple, one of whom reported to be lactose-intolerant. I have friends who really are and who limit their intake.
I turned myself inside out to use peaches in a dessert that did not involve milk or butter. It was tough but an inspiration came to me right off my pillow that morning.
My friend promptly forgot and put loads of milk AND butter in the potatoes. The guest declared this to be just fine as he was "just becoming" intolerant. Had I known him better I would have smacked him.
I have other friends who announce, after the search anguish I go through, that it's okay if it's cooked.
Don't pills do anything to help? Isn't there a guide book that people can issue to define their levels of intolerance?
I really am thinking of just ignoring this in the future, unless I absolutely know that these folks really do have food problems.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30448. Intolerant people. Those who say they can't consume types of foods, are about to get the - Marg CDN2 - 10:06pm on 08/15/18 (18)
- Amen sister. I've eliminated one such *I'll die if I eat gluten* associate after - MarilynFL - 1:33am on 08/16/18
- lawrdie. I thought I had grumble-worthy experiences. You take the cake - with gluten. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 3:24am on 08/16/18
- Bravo! We had a wedding here last weekend. One of the gals helping made pulled pork. - AngAk1 - 4:20am on 08/22/18
- I have a friend who is lactose intolerant, and in a big way. He and his wife team up... - Michael in Phoenix - 5:05pm on 08/16/18
- We once ate with her at a buffet restaurant that had all the raw food lined up. - MarilynFL - 9:35pm on 08/16/18
- Umm, I'm a guilty person when it comes to soy... - Anna_X - 10:28pm on 08/16/18
- See...that's honesty, not manipulation. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:35am on 08/17/18
- Sounds like Mongolian barbecue, - colleenmomof2 - 2:13pm on 08/17/18
- Sounds like she's certifiably mental. - Michael in Phoenix - 2:30pm on 08/17/18
- Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying there's no basis for their concern, but... - Michael in Phoenix - 2:35pm on 08/17/18
- The bottom line is, simplicity! You have a food issue, take care of it! - KarenNoCA - 3:39pm on 08/17/18
- My dog is so smart. She has a nose that tells her when the food offered is safe and to her liking. - KarenNoCA - 4:55pm on 08/19/18
- Yes, you just reminded me that as a diabetic, my husband never ever imposed his needs on other cooks - Marg CDN2 - 5:00pm on 08/17/18
- My food regimen is strictly controlled, but I NEVER make it someone else's problem! Beautiful words [NT] - deb-in-MI - 5:18pm on 08/17/18
- This made me laugh [IMAGE] - MarilynFL - 12:04pm on 08/18/18
- Here's the link: AnimalsTalkingInAllCaps.tumblr.com [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:05pm on 08/18/18