Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Amen sister. I've eliminated one such *I'll die if I eat gluten* associate after
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30448 at 1:33 am on Aug 16, 2018
watching her eat a production line muffin from the airport. And yes, I checked the label and it was a good old American muffin with absolutely no nutritional value (definitely not gluten-free, etc) and contained the following:
Gluten (Spawn of flour)
This is the same person who for 40 years has put all of her acquaintances under food alert for meals at home or in restaurants. She claims to have celiac disease, but refuses to be tested to confirm her self-diagnosis.
Thirty years ago she started by eliminating red meat, moved on to chicken, then fish, then switched out from vegetarian to vegan, then eliminated soy, then removed peanuts, refuses caffeine, honey and won't sit on leather or wear it. Add the celiac "I will DIE if a single bit of gluten gets in my food" constraint. You could actually hear the capital letters. Try cooking a meal around those restraints. It's hard, but doable. Now check out that list of muffin ingredients again...
Yet she ate that muffin along with several heaping tablespoons (and I mean she used a serving spoon) of my Dyslexic Sauce (which has absolutely nothing healthy in it--I know this!!) to no ill- or after-effects.
When I called this...anomaly...to her attention, she said she didn't have time to pack any food and she was hungry.
Well, there was one after-effect to that event: I no longer put up with her controlling regime. I've refused all recent suggestions to get together for a meal. I hope that muffin was worth it.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30448. Intolerant people. Those who say they can't consume types of foods, are about to get the - Marg CDN2 - 10:06pm on 08/15/18 (18)
- Amen sister. I've eliminated one such *I'll die if I eat gluten* associate after - MarilynFL - 1:33am on 08/16/18
- lawrdie. I thought I had grumble-worthy experiences. You take the cake - with gluten. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 3:24am on 08/16/18
- Bravo! We had a wedding here last weekend. One of the gals helping made pulled pork. - AngAk1 - 4:20am on 08/22/18
- I have a friend who is lactose intolerant, and in a big way. He and his wife team up... - Michael in Phoenix - 5:05pm on 08/16/18
- We once ate with her at a buffet restaurant that had all the raw food lined up. - MarilynFL - 9:35pm on 08/16/18
- Umm, I'm a guilty person when it comes to soy... - Anna_X - 10:28pm on 08/16/18
- See...that's honesty, not manipulation. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:35am on 08/17/18
- Sounds like Mongolian barbecue, - colleenmomof2 - 2:13pm on 08/17/18
- Sounds like she's certifiably mental. - Michael in Phoenix - 2:30pm on 08/17/18
- Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying there's no basis for their concern, but... - Michael in Phoenix - 2:35pm on 08/17/18
- The bottom line is, simplicity! You have a food issue, take care of it! - KarenNoCA - 3:39pm on 08/17/18
- My dog is so smart. She has a nose that tells her when the food offered is safe and to her liking. - KarenNoCA - 4:55pm on 08/19/18
- Yes, you just reminded me that as a diabetic, my husband never ever imposed his needs on other cooks - Marg CDN2 - 5:00pm on 08/17/18
- My food regimen is strictly controlled, but I NEVER make it someone else's problem! Beautiful words [NT] - deb-in-MI - 5:18pm on 08/17/18
- This made me laugh [IMAGE] - MarilynFL - 12:04pm on 08/18/18
- Here's the link: AnimalsTalkingInAllCaps.tumblr.com [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:05pm on 08/18/18