Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
The bottom line is, simplicity! You have a food issue, take care of it!
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #30448 at 3:39 pm on Aug 17, 2018
don't like or won't like what is being served, bring your own dish.
Tired of it all,so stressful trying to plan meals around non meat eaters, will only eat red sauce on pasta, or only butter and cheese on pasta, or no egg yolks, or....!
It is extremely stressful to have come from a family who simply ate and enjoyed their food. Now, there are so many issues, some real and many self-imposed. Still, take care of it yourself and let your host do their thing. I know a lady who did just this, always came with her own dish, and quietly asked about a food or foods she was interested in. Everyone loved her and she was always invited to functions.
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 30448. Intolerant people. Those who say they can't consume types of foods, are about to get the - Marg CDN2 - 10:06pm on 08/15/18 (18)
- Amen sister. I've eliminated one such *I'll die if I eat gluten* associate after - MarilynFL - 1:33am on 08/16/18
- lawrdie. I thought I had grumble-worthy experiences. You take the cake - with gluten. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 3:24am on 08/16/18
- Bravo! We had a wedding here last weekend. One of the gals helping made pulled pork. - AngAk1 - 4:20am on 08/22/18
- I have a friend who is lactose intolerant, and in a big way. He and his wife team up... - Michael in Phoenix - 5:05pm on 08/16/18
- We once ate with her at a buffet restaurant that had all the raw food lined up. - MarilynFL - 9:35pm on 08/16/18
- Umm, I'm a guilty person when it comes to soy... - Anna_X - 10:28pm on 08/16/18
- See...that's honesty, not manipulation. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:35am on 08/17/18
- Sounds like Mongolian barbecue, - colleenmomof2 - 2:13pm on 08/17/18
- Sounds like she's certifiably mental. - Michael in Phoenix - 2:30pm on 08/17/18
- Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying there's no basis for their concern, but... - Michael in Phoenix - 2:35pm on 08/17/18
- The bottom line is, simplicity! You have a food issue, take care of it! - KarenNoCA - 3:39pm on 08/17/18
- My dog is so smart. She has a nose that tells her when the food offered is safe and to her liking. - KarenNoCA - 4:55pm on 08/19/18
- Yes, you just reminded me that as a diabetic, my husband never ever imposed his needs on other cooks - Marg CDN2 - 5:00pm on 08/17/18
- My food regimen is strictly controlled, but I NEVER make it someone else's problem! Beautiful words [NT] - deb-in-MI - 5:18pm on 08/17/18
- This made me laugh [IMAGE] - MarilynFL - 12:04pm on 08/18/18
- Here's the link: AnimalsTalkingInAllCaps.tumblr.com [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:05pm on 08/18/18