Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Any T&T/tips for making chowders in the Instant Pot?
Joined: Jun 15, 2006
Posted to Thread #30453 at 3:57 pm on Aug 17, 2018
My corn chowder recipe starts with sautéeing bacon, then veggies, then flour. IP recipes for chowder - corn, clam, fish, potato - add the flour after the pressure phase. Will chowders come out well using this method w/o browning flour? Colleen
Other messages in this thread:
- 30453. Any T&T/tips for making chowders in the Instant Pot? - colleenmomof2 - 3:57pm on 08/17/18 (7)
- Colleen, what did you end up doing? Rec, please... I was planning on making corn chowder in my - barb_b - 3:35pm on 08/23/18
- Didn't ;) - colleenmomof2 - 5:25pm on 08/23/18
- But still interested in making clam and smoked whitefish chowders - colleenmomof2 - 5:27pm on 08/23/18
- I have some fresh corn.... I may make it today.... Will report back. [NT] - barb_b - 1:21pm on 08/25/18
- I cooked the bacon, then cooked the corn in IP.... Couldn't make the chowder; the corn was too - barb_b - 2:47pm on 08/27/18
- ;) Yes, we favor plain, unadorned corn eaten right off of the cob - colleenmomof2 - 2:38pm on 09/12/18
- Instant Pot Corn Chowder - what I did (and didn't ;) Yummy! - colleenmomof2 - 3:26pm on 09/12/18