Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Yes, you just reminded me that as a diabetic, my husband never ever imposed his needs on other cooks
Joined: Oct 13, 2010
Posted to Thread #30448 at 5:00 pm on Aug 17, 2018
If he ran into a problem, he usually had a bottle of insulin hanging around with him.
Glad you mentioned that. I had never connected the two and certainly diabetes is a serious and undeniable condition.
I have a friend who does not eat ANY dairy, (I love the French-style of cooking), NO eggs, NO gluten, is allergic to cats, dogs and air. What can you make that doesn't enjoy the addition of cream and eggs?
It just became punishing for me to have her over and now that I think about it, I don't include her in eating bonanzas. And what else is there for old single women?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30448. Intolerant people. Those who say they can't consume types of foods, are about to get the - Marg CDN2 - 10:06pm on 08/15/18 (18)
- Amen sister. I've eliminated one such *I'll die if I eat gluten* associate after - MarilynFL - 1:33am on 08/16/18
- lawrdie. I thought I had grumble-worthy experiences. You take the cake - with gluten. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 3:24am on 08/16/18
- Bravo! We had a wedding here last weekend. One of the gals helping made pulled pork. - AngAk1 - 4:20am on 08/22/18
- I have a friend who is lactose intolerant, and in a big way. He and his wife team up... - Michael in Phoenix - 5:05pm on 08/16/18
- We once ate with her at a buffet restaurant that had all the raw food lined up. - MarilynFL - 9:35pm on 08/16/18
- Umm, I'm a guilty person when it comes to soy... - Anna_X - 10:28pm on 08/16/18
- See...that's honesty, not manipulation. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:35am on 08/17/18
- Sounds like Mongolian barbecue, - colleenmomof2 - 2:13pm on 08/17/18
- Sounds like she's certifiably mental. - Michael in Phoenix - 2:30pm on 08/17/18
- Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying there's no basis for their concern, but... - Michael in Phoenix - 2:35pm on 08/17/18
- The bottom line is, simplicity! You have a food issue, take care of it! - KarenNoCA - 3:39pm on 08/17/18
- My dog is so smart. She has a nose that tells her when the food offered is safe and to her liking. - KarenNoCA - 4:55pm on 08/19/18
- Yes, you just reminded me that as a diabetic, my husband never ever imposed his needs on other cooks - Marg CDN2 - 5:00pm on 08/17/18
- My food regimen is strictly controlled, but I NEVER make it someone else's problem! Beautiful words [NT] - deb-in-MI - 5:18pm on 08/17/18
- This made me laugh [IMAGE] - MarilynFL - 12:04pm on 08/18/18
- Here's the link: AnimalsTalkingInAllCaps.tumblr.com [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:05pm on 08/18/18