Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Quick response needed: who has made Pat's Zucchini Bread? Pan size, anyone?
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30456 at 10:07 pm on Aug 19, 2018
I'm making several batches for donation at Open Table and I've got 9.5x5.5 bread pans and 8.5x4.5" bread pans. We won't even go into the gluten-free pans that are longer, taller and skinnier. They're packed away so I don't care.
I don't want to under-bake it and that tends to happen to me in the center of quick bread loaf, even when tested as final temperature with a probe. They come out of the oven fine and then collapse to a crater in the center. Since these aren't for me, they need to be correct because I was going to give them whole loaves, not sliced as I usually do.
Several folks have made this recipe, but no one has mentioned the pan size so I'm assuming everyone else is more secure in their abilities.
An AllRecipes version is very similar to Pat's and they specify 8x4.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30456. Quick response needed: who has made Pat's Zucchini Bread? Pan size, anyone? [LINK] - MarilynFL - 10:07pm on 08/19/18 (10)
- Oh ya...is the crushed pineapple drained? [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:12pm on 08/19/18
- It's about the size of my pumpkin bread & I use two 9" loaf pans. - Melissa Dallas - 10:22pm on 08/19/18
- Thank you! [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:03pm on 08/19/18
- *^$^()*^&. Just took amazing smelling bread out of oven and saw cup of oil sitting on counter. - MarilynFL - 11:57pm on 08/19/18
- I know. But I am so relieved to know that it happens to someone else, too. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 11:59pm on 08/19/18
- Then my job here is done. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:31am on 08/20/18
- Well, that was a happy surprise. I just took 2 correct loaves and the 2 oil-less - MarilynFL - 4:12pm on 08/20/18
- BTW Pat, that bread is rightly in the T&T bread section. Thank you. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:17pm on 08/20/18
- Sorry I didn't see this sooner. In Hawaii dealing with hurricane preparation - Pat-NoCal - 1:55pm on 08/24/18
- I’m late to the party but I always just test with a toothpick like a cake - MariaDNoCA - 1:25am on 08/24/18