Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Barefoot Contessa
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Posted to Thread #30460 at 9:39 pm on Aug 23, 2018
I've made these several times, and then the recipe was archived and I couldn't access it. From time to time I try again and today I was lucky. I'm not sure if these are Barefoot Contessa's. Poster's ingredient amounts are different for instance, the recipe I used calls for 2 1/8 cups flour. Original calls for 2 cups. My cookies were definitely thicker.
from Barefoot Contessa Parties! by Ina Garten
CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
Posted by Scott in '04: “These are my favorites”
2 1/8 cups unsifted all-purpose flour (Original recipe calls for 2 cups)
1/2 tsp kosher salt (Orig. 1 tsp)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled (Orig. 1/2 pound)
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk (original: 2 extra-large eggs)
2 tsp vanilla
1–2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips (or half chips, half nuts) (1 1/4 lbs)
Oven: 325 F (Original recipe says 350F)
Mix flour, salt, and baking soda together in medium bowl.
Mix butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Mix in egg, yolk and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in chips/nuts to taste.
Use about 1/4 cup dough per cookie.
Bake until cookies are golden brown and outer edges start to harden,
13 - 18 minutes.
I'll have to try the original as it was printed and see which I like better.
Link: Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Barefoot Contessa Parties! by Ina Garten
Other messages in this thread:
- 30460. Rec: Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Barefoot Contessa [LINK] - Ann - 9:39pm on 08/23/18 (7)
- I already noticed I omitted baking soda amount from cookbook - Ann - 9:41pm on 08/23/18
- But does your version make you happy? I'm always willing to be a test guinea. - MarilynFL - 11:50am on 08/26/18
- yes, I liked melting the butter for last minute baking. I never chilled the dough. "NT" [NT] - Ann - 7:40pm on 08/26/18
- ..and what is the resulting baked cookie: flat & crispy, mounded & soft, or both-ish? [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:15pm on 08/26/18
- The original "not according to Ina Garten linked recipe" - Ann - 1:48am on 08/27/18
- Just made them. Nice and chocolaty. I was a bit anxious at how soft the batter - MarilynFL - 12:32am on 08/28/18
- Called that one: librarians LOVED the crispy buttery edges. Gave pan version - MarilynFL - 4:59pm on 08/28/18