Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Are there any of the smaller tomatoes (grape, cherry, etc) that are good for roasting. And by that,
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30463 at 12:07 pm on Aug 26, 2018
I mean, one in which the peel is actually enjoyable once roasted. I've been roasting a lot of organic cherry tomatoes because I usually run out of time to eat them fresh, but REALLY don't like how tough the peel is. Even when I slice them for a soup or lentil dish, the peels refuse to cook down and I just don't like that texture in my mouth. The last time it happened I took an entire baking sheet of roasted tomatoes and stood there, one by one, popping off the peel to use the pulp for a pie. What a pain in the dupa.
Both my neighbor and the food donation site are trying to give me bags of small tomatoes and I keep refusing them.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30463. Are there any of the smaller tomatoes (grape, cherry, etc) that are good for roasting. And by that, - MarilynFL - 12:07pm on 08/26/18 (9)
- I find the skins on grape tomatoes too tough - judy-mass - 5:57pm on 08/26/18
- Thank you, J. I've seen some pretty yellow ones...just love how the flavor intensifies when - MarilynFL - 10:10pm on 08/26/18
- Did you try roasting your neighbor's tomatoes? They just might be more tender. . . - mistral - 8:56pm on 08/26/18
- No...never tried on homegrown, only store.I didn't want to waste their bounty if - MarilynFL - 10:07pm on 08/26/18
- Quick trick for peeling cherry tomatoes is using a deep fryer - Tess - 1:40pm on 08/27/18
- Oh my, I have roasted all sorts of tomatoes for years. Usually, I turn then into tomato sauce - KarenNoCA - 8:50pm on 08/27/18
- ooh. that sounds promising. Watch, now no one will offer me a big honking bag of tomatoes. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:34am on 08/28/18
- Rec: Pickled Cherry Tomatoes - Tess - 1:27am on 08/28/18
- I'm trying out an heirloom called Atomic this year - Richard in Cincy - 2:33pm on 09/01/18