Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
No...never tried on homegrown, only store.I didn't want to waste their bounty if
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30463 at 10:07 pm on Aug 26, 2018
roasting returned the same tough skins. The ones from the donation center did look too perfect...I think they came from grocery store donation.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30463. Are there any of the smaller tomatoes (grape, cherry, etc) that are good for roasting. And by that, - MarilynFL - 12:07pm on 08/26/18 (9)
- I find the skins on grape tomatoes too tough - judy-mass - 5:57pm on 08/26/18
- Thank you, J. I've seen some pretty yellow ones...just love how the flavor intensifies when - MarilynFL - 10:10pm on 08/26/18
- Did you try roasting your neighbor's tomatoes? They just might be more tender. . . - mistral - 8:56pm on 08/26/18
- No...never tried on homegrown, only store.I didn't want to waste their bounty if - MarilynFL - 10:07pm on 08/26/18
- Quick trick for peeling cherry tomatoes is using a deep fryer - Tess - 1:40pm on 08/27/18
- Oh my, I have roasted all sorts of tomatoes for years. Usually, I turn then into tomato sauce - KarenNoCA - 8:50pm on 08/27/18
- ooh. that sounds promising. Watch, now no one will offer me a big honking bag of tomatoes. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:34am on 08/28/18
- Rec: Pickled Cherry Tomatoes - Tess - 1:27am on 08/28/18
- I'm trying out an heirloom called Atomic this year - Richard in Cincy - 2:33pm on 09/01/18