Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
Posted to Thread #30468 at 5:40 pm on Aug 30, 2018
For the past few years I've been adding pork sausage to my meatloaf. I really like the hot Italian included in meatloaf. In practice it ends up being about 2-1 beef/pork. Recently I've just been buying the ground pork instead of sausage and experimenting with different things. I actually wish the Costco ground pork was less lean!
When my daughter is home she has tons of allergies so I change it up for her. She is a genuine celiac so I've used various things in place of breadcrumbs. Probably the best was crushing up the salt & pepper chips from Trader Joe's. This came out great...
Any other ideas for different takes on meatloaf? Doesn't have to be gluten free.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30468. Meatloaf ideas - pmassell_93 - 5:40pm on 08/30/18 (15)
- meatloaf- - daricem - 6:09pm on 08/30/18
- Try your Pressure cooker w meat loaf. I don't make it often, but last time, I used the IP [LINK] - barb_b - 8:05pm on 08/30/18
- I think that I may have to work my way up to IP meatloaf but - pmassell_93 - 8:20pm on 08/30/18
- Love those chips on top of broiled salmon. Have you tried Ina Garten's turkey version? [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:05pm on 08/30/18
- I did do a few turkey ML a couple years back - pmassell_93 - 3:25pm on 08/31/18
- I don't make a normal meatloaf so I'll share an idea - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:44am on 08/31/18
- Yikes. I have to take that in a bit at a time. What unique ideas. I agree on the topping. When I - Marg CDN2 - 4:43am on 08/31/18
- my wife would love the walnuts idea - How about a pic next time you make this? [NT] - pmassell_93 - 3:13pm on 08/31/18
- One of the best meat loaves I every made came from a red cookbook from the American Heart Assoc - KarenNoCA - 3:01pm on 08/31/18
- After seeing this request remembered a meatloaf recipe on Epicurious - Gourmet Magazine April 2009 [LINK] - GayR - 8:55pm on 08/31/18
- do the pistachios get soft? [NT] - pmassell_93 - 9:59pm on 08/31/18
- so long ago, don't remember....check the reviews of the recipe you may find an answer there..... [NT] - GayR - 10:34pm on 08/31/18
- Got another idea for you Paul. Meat and Potato Pie - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:10pm on 09/01/18
- replied via email Thank You [NT] - pmassell_93 - 8:26pm on 09/01/18