Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
I don't make a normal meatloaf so I'll share an idea
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #30468 at 3:44 am on Aug 31, 2018
I use about 3 to 1 ground beef to ground pork. Then I add chopped onion, an egg, splash soy sauce, chopped garlic, chipotle powder, parmesan cheese, thyme, sometimes a little bread crumb if it is wet but that is not necessary. Sometimes I put salsa in and use cilantro instead of the soy sauce, thyme and chipotle.
Then I put half the mixture in a meatloaf pan. I put chopped walnuts on, then could be chopped pepperoni or ham or ? and next one or two kinds of cheese- horseradish, cheddar, pepper jack, whatever. Then on goes the other half of the meat mix. We love ketchup on top. Always wants to bubble over in the oven so I use a jelly roll pan under the loaf pan. Really tasty stuff. First got the idea about 50 years ago from Dinah Shore. She used different stuff but did it in layers like this.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30468. Meatloaf ideas - pmassell_93 - 5:40pm on 08/30/18 (15)
- meatloaf- - daricem - 6:09pm on 08/30/18
- Try your Pressure cooker w meat loaf. I don't make it often, but last time, I used the IP [LINK] - barb_b - 8:05pm on 08/30/18
- I think that I may have to work my way up to IP meatloaf but - pmassell_93 - 8:20pm on 08/30/18
- Love those chips on top of broiled salmon. Have you tried Ina Garten's turkey version? [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:05pm on 08/30/18
- I did do a few turkey ML a couple years back - pmassell_93 - 3:25pm on 08/31/18
- I don't make a normal meatloaf so I'll share an idea - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:44am on 08/31/18
- Yikes. I have to take that in a bit at a time. What unique ideas. I agree on the topping. When I - Marg CDN2 - 4:43am on 08/31/18
- my wife would love the walnuts idea - How about a pic next time you make this? [NT] - pmassell_93 - 3:13pm on 08/31/18
- One of the best meat loaves I every made came from a red cookbook from the American Heart Assoc - KarenNoCA - 3:01pm on 08/31/18
- After seeing this request remembered a meatloaf recipe on Epicurious - Gourmet Magazine April 2009 [LINK] - GayR - 8:55pm on 08/31/18
- do the pistachios get soft? [NT] - pmassell_93 - 9:59pm on 08/31/18
- so long ago, don't remember....check the reviews of the recipe you may find an answer there..... [NT] - GayR - 10:34pm on 08/31/18
- Got another idea for you Paul. Meat and Potato Pie - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:10pm on 09/01/18
- replied via email Thank You [NT] - pmassell_93 - 8:26pm on 09/01/18