Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
After seeing this request remembered a meatloaf recipe on Epicurious - Gourmet Magazine April 2009
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #30468 at 8:55 pm on Aug 31, 2018
tried printing it out as a test and it does not print the complete recipe for me so .....
1 cup fine fresh bread crumbs (preferably from a rustic loaf)
1/2 cup whole milk
3/4 cup finely chopped onion
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 pound chicken livers, separated into lobes, trimmed, and rinsed
3/4 pound ground pork
3/4 pound ground veal
1/4 cup chopped prunes
1/4 cup shelled pistachios
2 teaspoons thyme leaves
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Accompaniment: Dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 475°F with rack in middle.
Soak bread crumbs in milk in a small bowl.
Cook onion, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper in oil in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
Purée livers in a blender, then transfer to a large bowl. Add pork, veal, prunes, pistachios, thyme, eggs, bread-crumb mixture, onion mixture, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and gently mix with your hands until just combined.
Transfer meatloaf mixture to an 81/2- by 41/2-inch glass loaf pan (see cooks' note, below) and bake, covered with foil, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 165°F, 50 to 55 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes. Cover top of meatloaf with parsley before slicing.
buttered boiled potatoes
You can use a metal loaf pan, but the meatloaf will take about 15 minutes longer to cook.
Recipe Title: Rustic French Meatloaf, Paul Grimes, Gourmet 2009
Other messages in this thread:
- 30468. Meatloaf ideas - pmassell_93 - 5:40pm on 08/30/18 (15)
- meatloaf- - daricem - 6:09pm on 08/30/18
- Try your Pressure cooker w meat loaf. I don't make it often, but last time, I used the IP [LINK] - barb_b - 8:05pm on 08/30/18
- I think that I may have to work my way up to IP meatloaf but - pmassell_93 - 8:20pm on 08/30/18
- Love those chips on top of broiled salmon. Have you tried Ina Garten's turkey version? [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:05pm on 08/30/18
- I did do a few turkey ML a couple years back - pmassell_93 - 3:25pm on 08/31/18
- I don't make a normal meatloaf so I'll share an idea - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:44am on 08/31/18
- Yikes. I have to take that in a bit at a time. What unique ideas. I agree on the topping. When I - Marg CDN2 - 4:43am on 08/31/18
- my wife would love the walnuts idea - How about a pic next time you make this? [NT] - pmassell_93 - 3:13pm on 08/31/18
- One of the best meat loaves I every made came from a red cookbook from the American Heart Assoc - KarenNoCA - 3:01pm on 08/31/18
- After seeing this request remembered a meatloaf recipe on Epicurious - Gourmet Magazine April 2009 [LINK] - GayR - 8:55pm on 08/31/18
- do the pistachios get soft? [NT] - pmassell_93 - 9:59pm on 08/31/18
- so long ago, don't remember....check the reviews of the recipe you may find an answer there..... [NT] - GayR - 10:34pm on 08/31/18
- Got another idea for you Paul. Meat and Potato Pie - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:10pm on 09/01/18
- replied via email Thank You [NT] - pmassell_93 - 8:26pm on 09/01/18