Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Need help in searching Internet for Ashley Howard's gingerbread dough recipe
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30469 at 2:16 pm on Sep 1, 2018
Ashley Howard is from Winter Springs, FL (beware: there are million Ashley Howard out there)
She won the National Gingerbread House Contest (at Omni Grove Hotel in Asheville) 3 times.
She has won other gingerbread house contests.
She has apparently shared her recipe, which is key because it doesn't get soft like mine always did.
Of course, I don't know if this means it was a "secret" share.
One article called it "ginger dough".
Do NOT confuse this with "ginger play dough".
Dough may include "gum arabic" which is a edible powder used to harden icing. This would make a lot of sense.
Dough probably does not include any rising agents, like baking soda, baking powder or eggs. But I could be wrong.
It MUST be made of edible products (so no glue, etc), but the dough doesn't necessarily end up edible (meaning it gets too hard to eat, but is perfect for building something that won't collapse on you, unlike others which collapse thereby causing you to collapse in the corner whimpering.
I already have something called "construction dough" (uses 5 cups of flour). That sucker collapsed in Florida so I'm looking for something even sturdier. However, there could be another recipe called the same thing. I'll take that too.
REASON: I'm going to give a GBH tutorial to teens at our local library in November and I'd like to test this one out first.
Thank you, my Internet Search Geniuses.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30469. Need help in searching Internet for Ashley Howard's gingerbread dough recipe - MarilynFL - 2:16pm on 09/01/18 (10)
- Not successful. Seems that her name is Pat Ashley Howard - colleenmomof2 - 2:37pm on 09/01/18
- Found this for your library class [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 2:38pm on 09/01/18
- Wow, those Russian gingerbread houses are truly works of art! [NT] - wigs - 4:59pm on 09/01/18
- Marilyn are you sure it is the right name.....I found Patricia Howard [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 3:19pm on 09/01/18
- Have a look here at Patricia Howard creation..... [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 3:24pm on 09/01/18
- Oh, my goodness--it took 300 hrs to create & build plus 100 eggs in the Ripley's version! Astounding [NT] - wigs - 5:10pm on 09/01/18
- This national Howard winner took 650 HOURS. She built individual GB bricks and [LINK] - MarilynFL - 6:23pm on 09/01/18
- Holy mackerel!!! [NT] - wigs - 1:22pm on 09/02/18
- Good research, G & C. Omni lists her as Ashley Howard, C found Pat Ashley Howard & now you've found - MarilynFL - 6:12pm on 09/01/18
- Not Howard's dough but wonderful Gingerbread Cookie - colleenmomof2 - 2:51pm on 10/05/18