Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Hi wigs...I don't bothered piercing mine. Out of 8 or so, usually one will crack slightly, but
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30476 at 5:57 pm on Sep 5, 2018
it doesn't seem to hurt it. Still peels as well as the others.
Here are the rules I tend to use:
1. Bring eggs to room temperature (put in a bowl of warm water)
2. Have water simmering before putting eggs in pot.
3. 11-12 minutes for about 8 eggs: eggs at room temp and water simmering >> timing is consistent.
4. Remember to pile ice over them immediately after taking them out.
I recently made a dozen and not a single one cracked nor did the shells stick. I still haven't nailed getting the yolks centered, though.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30476. I plan to steam some hard-boiled eggs for the first time this evening & have read all the comments - wigs - 4:51pm on 09/05/18 (20)
- I make them every other week using the Pressure cooker; the best IMHO. For giggles - barb_b - 5:43pm on 09/05/18
- Really? I don't have a clue what that story was. I do remember that HB eggs were a consistent - MarilynFL - 6:04pm on 09/05/18
- Somewhere in the archives here earlier today I remember reading that you had 3 foods you couldn't - wigs - 11:10pm on 09/05/18
- Hi wigs...I don't bothered piercing mine. Out of 8 or so, usually one will crack slightly, but - MarilynFL - 5:57pm on 09/05/18
- When you do "crack" the code to get yolks centered, let us know, pleasse! [NT] - Anna_X - 7:09pm on 09/05/18
- I don't steam but when in the water beginning to boil I stir the eggs around - Charley - 11:00am on 09/06/18
- Make sure to store your eggs wide end up, like check them when you bring them home. (nt) [NT] - mistral - 12:23am on 09/08/18
- I just steamed 8 eggs yesterday with success - Anna_X - 7:07pm on 09/05/18
- That is exactly what I do. I get a cracked shell every dozen or so. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 9:56pm on 09/05/18
- This is what I do, and I, too, get a cracked egg every dozen or so. (nt) [NT] - mistral - 8:52pm on 09/07/18
- One of the tricks for great steaming is to let the eggs come to room temp before steaming. Mine are - Janet in NC - 2:32am on 09/06/18
- PS. By the way, a neighbor who makes great deviled eggs shared her secret with me. A spoonful, or - Janet in NC - 2:35am on 09/06/18
- Yes, I’ve found room temperature helps and so does simmering water rather than a full boil. [NT] - Curious1 - 1:27pm on 09/06/18
- Instructions I have is to NOT get them out of fridge before putting into steamer [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 2:06am on 09/09/18
- I LOVE this forum & also all of you posters--I had a rousing success on my 1st egg steaming foray. [LINK] - wigs - 7:27pm on 09/06/18
- I tried this today too. - pmassell_93 - 8:40pm on 09/06/18
- Me too, sweetie. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:52am on 09/07/18
- I always steam mine now - soft or hard - Melissa Dallas - 9:08pm on 09/06/18
- I only steam eggs. It works 100 percent of the time and peeling is effortless. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:29am on 09/07/18
- I heartily agreee, and I steam mine all of the time now also.(nt) [NT] - mistral - 12:24am on 09/08/18