Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Another engineer showed me this: cut it in squares. A few folks get the round edges, but
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30488 at 12:32 am on Sep 10, 2018
everyone gets a nice piece, rather than trying to cut even wedges from a circle over and over again because the center just gets messy. Necessary only if there are a lot of folks/slices (I'm talking more than 12).
Cold cake, sharp knife, tall container filled with hot water, towel that you don't mind getting dirty. Dip, wipe, cut, place on flattened aluminum cupcake wrapper, repeat.
PS: I finally bought a square springform pan. Love it just for this reason.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30488. Made the 10 inch cheesecake for the pot luck tomorrow. My question is how do I slice it - CynUpstateNY - 7:08pm on 09/09/18 (14)
- Cyn, Taut Dental Floss.....have a look at the video......did you make the Golden Girls Cheesecake [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 8:29pm on 09/09/18
- and the Dental Floss has to be unflavored....... [NT] - GayR - 8:31pm on 09/09/18
- ...and, preferrably, unused. [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:35pm on 09/10/18
- eww shield maiden [NT] - pmassell_93 - 5:31pm on 09/10/18
- OMG my laugh for the day! [NT] - barb_b - 5:18pm on 09/11/18
- Just to show how geeky I am, my Shieldmaiden name is Arylin! [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:34pm on 09/11/18
- I phrased my question wrong. After slicing how do I present it? There will be many - CynUpstateNY - 9:35pm on 09/09/18
- Another engineer showed me this: cut it in squares. A few folks get the round edges, but - MarilynFL - 12:32am on 09/10/18
- I would suggest plating the slices on their sides... - Pat-NoCal - 2:22am on 09/10/18
- This is what we did for my niece’s wedding. She doesn’t like cake - MariaDNoCA - 3:07am on 09/10/18
- Thank you all, I'll give it a shot! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 1:58pm on 09/10/18
- Just sliced and trayed it. Used the long knife dipped in hot water method. Looks great! Thanks ! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 6:47pm on 09/10/18
- How was the taste? [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:33pm on 09/13/18
- Just saw this. Crust didn't taste baked enough but the cheesecake was delicious! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 2:55pm on 10/13/18