Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Never thought to cook briefly in a cup then put in the water! What a good idea.(nt)
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Posted to Thread #30483 at 7:56 pm on Sep 10, 2018
A Proud "Master Food Preserver San Bernardino County" since 1996!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30483. We've had several discussions here about how to poach eggs. Anyone tried Nigella Lawson's method . . - mistral - 8:59pm on 09/07/18 (8)
- No...I've been straining super-fresh eggs and just get a little loss. I end up scrambling those - MarilynFL - 10:23pm on 09/07/18
- I always dry both sides of my poached eggs on a clean towel, No vinegar flavor. . . - mistral - 12:21am on 09/08/18
- I haven’t tried it but I’m curious as to whether you noticed any change in the texture of the - Curious1 - 10:27pm on 09/07/18
- I have not noticed any change in texture. . . - mistral - 12:19am on 09/08/18
- Hers by putting some vinegar in with the egg before going in the water would help set the white. - Charley - 11:54pm on 09/07/18
- Dang, I keep forgetting the microwave method! Gotta try it. (nt) [NT] - mistral - 12:21am on 09/08/18
- I do, sort of. I've given up on the vinegar as I don't find it necessary. I put the egg into a - Marg CDN2 - 9:39pm on 09/08/18
- Never thought to cook briefly in a cup then put in the water! What a good idea.(nt) [NT] - mistral - 7:56pm on 09/10/18