Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
They are the traditional topping for Jewish Rye bread.
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #30489 at 3:28 am on Sep 11, 2018
They are also called charnushka and are used in some Indian recipes.
Every good dish deserves a good pot.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30489. What else to do with nigella seeds? Here is the tart that started it all: [LINK] - cheezz - 3:06am on 09/11/18 (5)
- They are the traditional topping for Jewish Rye bread. - judy-mass - 3:28am on 09/11/18
- For me they are a staple in all kinds of Indian cooking. I enjoy them on potatoes with cumin. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 8:10pm on 09/11/18
- YUm! You don't happen to have a recipe for chicken madras do you? :) [NT] - cheezz - 3:41pm on 09/12/18
- Sorry. I actually do not. I checked both of my favourite books but neither has one. Maddhur Jaffrey- - Marg CDN2 - 5:54pm on 09/14/18
- Thanks for checking, Marg. I'm going to search one out and will post if I find it. - cheezz - 1:52am on 09/15/18