Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
We visited Acadia in early Nov. and it was very dark at 4pm ;)
Joined: Jun 15, 2006
Posted to Thread #30490 at 1:39 pm on Sep 11, 2018
but dawn was very early. Locals believe that Acadia should be in the next time zone - us, too.
We had a fantastic road trip up the coast for our second Acadia visit in November, 2015. I checked and all of the restaurants we loved are still in business!
We generally carried picnic food with us during the day as we are hikers but our restaurant favorites were:
in Acadia/Bar Harbor
South of Acadia
Thai Sana, Ellsworth, ME
Waterfront Restaurant, Camden, ME
On the way up the coast from Boston to Acadia, we enjoyed:
Twin Seafood (lunch), Acton, MA
Good Thymes (dinner), Lowell, MA
Ray's Seafood (lunch), Rye, NH
Libby's Market, Brunswick, ME
And, If you venture to Gloucester from Boston
YOU MUST VISIT The Causeway - one of our all-time favorite restaurants!
We love seafood and generally forgo fine dining so if my memory serves me, almost all of these recommendations are family-type (and sometimes small carryout markets with a few tables, like Libby's) where we went for no-frills lobster, lobster rolls and lobster/chowder.
Enjoy your travels and family, Elaine. It's good to "see" you ;) Colleen
Other messages in this thread:
- 30490. Hi all - I have been more or less absent for a while but have tried to follow as much as possible. - elaine - 4:43am on 09/11/18 (11)
- So good to hear from you! - deb-in-MI - 10:45am on 09/11/18
- Thanks Deb. Happy and healthy New Year to you and all your family. Good to be back [NT] - elaine - 1:33pm on 09/11/18
- We visited Acadia in early Nov. and it was very dark at 4pm ;) - colleenmomof2 - 1:39pm on 09/11/18
- Acadia is our favorite vacation spot. We go almost every year. Here - rhoward2va - 3:02pm on 09/11/18
- So since you asked, let me ask where you stay in or near Acadia or on the way up - if you do.TIA [NT] - elaine - 8:26pm on 09/11/18
- We usually fly from DC to Portland and rent a car there, so - rhoward2va - 2:04pm on 09/12/18
- Thanks - this is great info. [NT] - elaine - 5:40am on 09/13/18
- Please reach out when you are in NY! Great to hear from you. Hope the kids schedules - barb_b - 5:17pm on 09/11/18
- Barb, I emailed you [NT] - elaine - 8:06pm on 09/11/18
- Thanks to all of you. What fabulous recs. Can't wait! Will report back when I get home in October [NT] - elaine - 8:08pm on 09/11/18
- Have fun, elaine. Acadia is a gorgeous park. I took Mom to Castine & Deer Isle for a week [LINK] - MarilynFL - 6:27pm on 09/11/18