Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Alrighty! Fried Pickle Taste Test at the library today: Beer Batter versus Batter...batter.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30491 at 2:12 pm on Sep 13, 2018
From what I've read (and we all know that anything you read on the Internet is Holy Gospel AND has been rigorously tested and proven by Swedish Nobel-winning scientists), the alcohol should burn off at high frying temperatures.
But, just in case, I'm giving Miss Pregnant Librarian an option.
Bought whole Boar's Head dill pickles and will slice them into coins.
Darice, I'm using your batter versus the beer batter from "Smoke & Pickles" by Edward Lee.
Since I've NEVER HAD THESE BEFORE, I can't even speculate how this will go, but the key words were "must be served immediately."
Lee says the only appropriate dipping condiment is ketchup.
MPL requested ranch dressing.
I'm going to bring some harissa just in case.
Plus lots of paper towels, my induction burner, digital thermometer and the Grace of God that I don't burn down the library.
Oh, how every Fahrenheit 451 of me.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30491. Southern cooks: need pickle advice: pregnant librarian requested fried pickles. All she - MarilynFL - 7:51pm on 09/11/18 (5)
- Whole dill pickles, preferably small probably. Bread and butter is a preparation. - Charley - 9:05pm on 09/11/18
- Fried pickles! use dill not sweet and small whole, slices, spears etc. (more) - daricem - 2:29am on 09/12/18
- Thank you both. This is what I get for saying *Give me ideas!* Who knew one of them was - MarilynFL - 2:22pm on 09/12/18
- Alrighty! Fried Pickle Taste Test at the library today: Beer Batter versus Batter...batter. - MarilynFL - 2:12pm on 09/13/18
- Well, that was a complete bust. Carried everything in, made 2 different batches, preferred Darice's - MarilynFL - 5:10pm on 09/13/18