Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
When I went to bed at 1:30 a.m., the pork seemed to be cooking too fast to leave all night so...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30494 at 3:32 pm on Sep 14, 2018
I turned it down to 180 until 6:30 a.m.when DH took out the dutch oven. I chunked the falling-apart pork and froze 2/3 of it for company in a few weeks. I cooked down the juices and marinade, strained it, but then realized the sediment was carrying the punch of flavor so mixed it back together. ( Looking forward to eating the 1/3 tonight just for us.)
IT IS REALLY TASTY!!!
btw, I used 2 heads of garlic. House smells good too!
Lisa and Orchid, this is a winner!!!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30494. Quick question: Why add olive oil to the Cuban Roast marinade if using a pork shoulder - Anna_X - 6:16pm on 09/12/18 (24)
- I'm not a scientist but it was explained to me this way - pmassell_93 - 7:32pm on 09/12/18
- thank you , Paul, about oil carrying flavors. I looked at several recipes.... [LINK] - Anna_X - 10:40pm on 09/12/18
- looks yum. This guy says don't use oil or alcohol [LINK] - pmassell_93 - 10:59pm on 09/12/18
- Paul, you find the most interesting articles! Going to go pokes holes in the meat right now. [NT] - Anna_X - 3:58am on 09/13/18
- he recommends gashing over poking unless you are injecting - pmassell_93 - 3:20pm on 09/13/18
- That's a good article and particularly about marinades tenderizing. They "may" if they - Charley - 11:33am on 09/13/18
- It does have oil--probably for the garlic and herbs to be "carried". ;o) [NT] - Charley - 11:40am on 09/13/18
- Yes, but only 2 Tbs compared to 1 1/2 cups in Orchid's post. BIG difference! [NT] - Anna_X - 3:56pm on 09/13/18
- I didn't have the recipe so didn't know but I wouldn't use that amount of oil anyway!! [NT] - Charley - 8:37pm on 09/13/18
- I cut the amount way down. As I noted in this post I cut it to 3/4 cup. [NT] [LINK] - orchid - 9:07pm on 09/13/18
- Are you going to make it? - Pam - 8:18pm on 09/13/18
- Doing an overnight braise in my dutch oven right now. Probably just white rice and black beans... - Anna_X - 8:25am on 09/14/18
- I really recommend these Cuban black beans that I got from [LINK] - orchid - 2:20pm on 09/14/18
- Thank you, Orchid, this looks really good. The family isn't coming for a few weeks yet... - Anna_X - 3:25pm on 09/14/18
- Ooh boy, I don't know. I have never frozen them before but I freeze pinto - orchid - 3:43pm on 09/14/18
- Ever add any oregano or jalapeno, or is that inauthentic? IDK Cuban food. [NT] - Anna_X - 3:50pm on 09/14/18
- I guess you could but it doesn't need it. I have really searched around [LINK] - orchid - 5:25pm on 09/14/18
- LOL, being in San Diego, I'm used to a certain style of Mexican cooking! [NT] - Anna_X - 5:45pm on 09/14/18
- Is there anyone here that can check the site and see if it is safe? [NT] [LINK] - orchid - 5:57pm on 09/14/18
- Here is the link to the Three Guys recipe for Lechon Asado (Roasted Pork) [LINK] - LisainLA - 3:46am on 09/16/18
- Oh, do these sound tasty! [NT] - AngAk1 - 8:18pm on 09/29/18
- When I went to bed at 1:30 a.m., the pork seemed to be cooking too fast to leave all night so... - Anna_X - 3:32pm on 09/14/18