Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
What a kind adventure! It reminds me of the following for some reason. . . (more)
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Posted to Thread #30499 at 10:33 pm on Sep 17, 2018
Just today I was leaving a PT appointment and heard a very familiar voice, and I kept hearing it on and off as I walked to a couple that had been trading a cell phone back and forth between them. It was Google Lady talking. We became oh-so familiar with Google Lady on vacation last summer.
"Are you doing verbal Google Directions?", I asked. "No," the woman replied, "He does not speak English and I don't speak Spanish, so we're using Google Translate."
I knew I recognized that voice. I cannot recognize too many other voices, or I should say, I cannot recognize too many other voices and put names to them, but Google Lady--her I recognize.
A Proud "Master Food Preserver San Bernardino County" since 1996!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30499. An international cultural alliance--at Walmart - MarilynFL - 9:08pm on 09/16/18 (11)
- Terrific story Marilyn.....I am sure they will never forget your kindness and patience.... [NT] - GayR - 11:36pm on 09/16/18
- Thank you for sharing your story of kindness. This retired ESL teacher loved it. [NT] - Anna_X - 3:32pm on 09/17/18
- What a kind adventure! It reminds me of the following for some reason. . . (more) - mistral - 10:33pm on 09/17/18
- Love this! And gotta love technology at our finger tips to smooth the way. - LisainLA - 2:44pm on 09/18/18
- Great story! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 10:51pm on 09/17/18
- boy-oh-boy do I love this story, thanks for sharing!! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 1:29am on 09/18/18
- You are an amazing lady, Marilyn, loved this story. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 2:05am on 09/18/18
- Great work Marilyn. I too teach ESL and you prove how easy it is! [NT] - Janet in NC - 2:08am on 09/18/18
- my smile before bedtime [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 4:24am on 09/18/18
- Lovely, lovely, lovely [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:26am on 09/18/18
- What Deb said! [NT] - AngAk1 - 8:30pm on 09/29/18