Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Spaetzle? Better recipe than Sur Le Table, please!
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30503 at 3:57 pm on Sep 18, 2018
I took a discounted class this past weekend for Spaetzle, Red Cabbage, and Pork Schnitzel. I liked the cabbage well enough, a bit sweet rather than tart but I can adjust that. Pork Schnitzel needed a bit more flavor and black pepper but that is easy. The spaetzle was dropped into boiling water, and finished with brown butter with parsley but SOOOO BLAND --- a waste of space on the plate. I noticed that some here drop the dough into broth. Is that enough for flavor?
Other messages in this thread:
- 30503. Spaetzle? Better recipe than Sur Le Table, please! - Anna_X - 3:57pm on 09/18/18 (8)
- REC: Spatzle - judy-mass - 8:14pm on 09/18/18
- This Spatzle from my good German friend's Grandmother - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:55pm on 09/19/18
- See? You both recommend more than a dab of nutmeg. Mustard, onion, chives!!! - Anna_X - 8:00pm on 09/19/18
- Basic spatzle is basically a noodle. Brown butter on noodles never floated my boat. . . - mistral - 4:42pm on 09/20/18
- I drop my Spätzle into simmering broth, just like Grandma taught me... - Richard in Cincy - 6:23pm on 09/21/18