Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Basic spatzle is basically a noodle. Brown butter on noodles never floated my boat. . .
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Posted to Thread #30503 at 4:42 pm on Sep 20, 2018
Noodles are bland, a source of carbs. Think Italian pasta, Chinese noodles, Vietnamese rice noodles. Basic spatzle are there to carry a sauce (browned butter!). They can be bland until you flavor 'em up. Some people LOVE the bland, or rather very mild flavor--those carbs, you know? And spatzle in soup, to me, is like rice in soup or macaroni/noodles.
A Proud "Master Food Preserver San Bernardino County" since 1996!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30503. Spaetzle? Better recipe than Sur Le Table, please! - Anna_X - 3:57pm on 09/18/18 (8)
- REC: Spatzle - judy-mass - 8:14pm on 09/18/18
- This Spatzle from my good German friend's Grandmother - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:55pm on 09/19/18
- See? You both recommend more than a dab of nutmeg. Mustard, onion, chives!!! - Anna_X - 8:00pm on 09/19/18
- Basic spatzle is basically a noodle. Brown butter on noodles never floated my boat. . . - mistral - 4:42pm on 09/20/18
- I drop my Spätzle into simmering broth, just like Grandma taught me... - Richard in Cincy - 6:23pm on 09/21/18