Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
I drop my Spätzle into simmering broth, just like Grandma taught me...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30503 at 6:23 pm on Sep 21, 2018
And then, you drain them, annoint them with the gravy, sprinkle with shredded gouda or emmentaler, and then pile on the carmelized onions and a sprinkling of fresh parsley or chives to do it up right.
You won't notice the Spätzle being bland using this technique!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30503. Spaetzle? Better recipe than Sur Le Table, please! - Anna_X - 3:57pm on 09/18/18 (8)
- REC: Spatzle - judy-mass - 8:14pm on 09/18/18
- This Spatzle from my good German friend's Grandmother - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:55pm on 09/19/18
- See? You both recommend more than a dab of nutmeg. Mustard, onion, chives!!! - Anna_X - 8:00pm on 09/19/18
- Basic spatzle is basically a noodle. Brown butter on noodles never floated my boat. . . - mistral - 4:42pm on 09/20/18
- I drop my Spätzle into simmering broth, just like Grandma taught me... - Richard in Cincy - 6:23pm on 09/21/18