Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
How do I keep homemade croutons crisp and crunchy? I just made two
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30508 at 12:25 pm on Sep 22, 2018
trays worth when I scored La Brea Three-Cheese loaves for $1.99. Bread cubes, unsalted butter and a sprinkling of Mrs. Rubin's Original White Magic Seasoning.**
It's usually $5 a loaf and I LOVE LOVE LOVE pan-toasted slices with a smidgen of butter along-side The Girl's freshly-laid poached eggs, neighborly tomatoes and avocado. The toast reminds me of that last perfect piece of pizza crust--slightly charred to the point of crunchiness and stuck to the box.
But that's okay because you get a little extra fiber from the cardboard when you peel it off.
So...in the cupboard? Refrigerator? Freezer? (oh God, please not the freezer)
**Salt, onions, dextrose, soy flour, garlic, papain, citric acid, spices and 2% tri-calcium phosphate as an anti-caking agent. No MSG.***
*** I keep this stuff around just in case I need to patch my asphalt driveway.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30508. How do I keep homemade croutons crisp and crunchy? I just made two - MarilynFL - 12:25pm on 09/22/18 (4)
- In a tightly closed plastic bag inside a tupperware conainer in the cupboard. - Charley - 1:24pm on 09/22/18
- This is what I do, too! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 3:44pm on 09/22/18
- Fridge - colleenmomof2 - 3:10pm on 09/22/18
- Thank you ALL! [NT] - MarilynFL - 9:35pm on 09/22/18