Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Yes, that is the recipe I posted, word for word with my notes. Someone lifted it.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30507 at 8:02 pm on Sep 22, 2018
I make it a little differently these days however. I'm always adapting, changing, and evolving.
I have really upped the cherries and pineapple and eliminated nearly all the raisins except for golden. I use homemade cherry jam from my tree instead of strawberry, and I add extra chocolate by way of a couple spoonfuls of cocoa powder.
It's like a great big fruity spicy brownie when it's finished.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30507. Down home end of summer dinner tonight... - Richard in Cincy - 10:24pm on 09/21/18 (29)
- Can you post those two fruit cake recipes, please? (nt) [NT] - mistral - 10:28pm on 09/21/18
- Scotch Cherry Whisky Cake [NT] [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 1:03am on 09/22/18
- Anyone still able to mine recipes at old Gail's? The Italian Black Fruitcake is posted there if - Richard in Cincy - 1:07am on 09/22/18
- Paul, I think we need an emergency search button named GayR...like the bat - MarilynFL - 12:20pm on 09/22/18
- I believe GeorgiaRose found it last December. Yoohoo, GeorgiaRose?? [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 2:30pm on 09/22/18
- I'm not GeorgiaRose but try this URL - JudyW - 3:07pm on 09/22/18
- Judy, the URL does not work.....too many numbers I believe and there has to be a - GayR - 3:51pm on 09/22/18
- I have this link, that gets you all of the pages, but you need [LINK] - judy-mass - 4:41pm on 09/22/18
- Yes, I have the link also.....but without a specific number it is impossible to find the recipe. I - GayR - 4:54pm on 09/22/18
- On Recipelink.com I found a recipe for Italian Black Fruitcake, but Richard will have to confirm if [LINK] - GayR - 4:56pm on 09/22/18
- Gay, that recipe came from the Gail's Recipe Swap - judy-mass - 7:01pm on 09/22/18
- Yes, Richard explained that someone lifted it..... [NT] - GayR - 8:45pm on 09/22/18
- Yes, that is the recipe I posted, word for word with my notes. Someone lifted it. - Richard in Cincy - 8:02pm on 09/22/18
- Yup, sadly no more searchability there. (picture my big booboo face here) [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 6:43pm on 09/22/18
- Thank you all for your help! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 7:39pm on 09/22/18
- Do you measure or wing it for the kale? Not a kale fan but sounds like something I - CynUpstateNY - 1:35am on 09/22/18
- Cyn, I wing nearly everything! Southern Greens 101... - Richard in Cincy - 8:08pm on 09/22/18
- Thanks, Richard! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 10:27pm on 09/23/18
- Link to the garlic spareribs recipe. About the best, if not the best [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 8:03pm on 09/22/18
- I was able to grab the ingredient list for the spare ribs, but cannot latch onto the directions. Can - wigs - 5:01pm on 09/25/18
- Here you go, wigs - Pat-NoCal - 5:33pm on 09/25/18
- Thank you so very much to Pat-NoCal! And I was wondering the same thing about which type meat to buy [NT] - wigs - 5:30pm on 09/26/18
- Richard do use spareribs, as in pork? Or the beef short ribs called for in the recipe? [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 5:36pm on 09/25/18
- And a shout out to those British Roasted Christmas Lunch Potatoes... - Richard in Cincy - 8:22pm on 09/22/18
- Oh my goodness. Gotta try this. I have duck fat in the fridge [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 12:40am on 09/23/18
- Good grief, the woman is on an island attacked by lava flows, hurricanes and potential tsunamis if - MarilynFL - 1:11pm on 09/23/18
- When you bring it home, remove the bondage, rinse it, and wrap it in damp paper towls. - Richard in Cincy - 1:41pm on 09/23/18
- I roasted my first duck a while back using Richard's instructions and kept the duck fat. - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:41pm on 09/23/18
- I'm totally in love with those British spuds. I had been planning to make them forever; finally did [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 11:25pm on 09/23/18