Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Is there a better sugar cookie than Penny's? It's been my go-to since forever, but
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30510 at 8:12 pm on Sep 23, 2018
I'd like to find another one that's just a bit better.
I'm not as concerned with it holding its shape...I'm more concerned with flavor-profile.
Warning: It could be my taste-buds are so enamored with chocolate that a simple sugar cookie simply doesn't cut it. I do like how Penny's doesn't get rock hard.
A friend has requested them.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30510. Is there a better sugar cookie than Penny's? It's been my go-to since forever, but - MarilynFL - 8:12pm on 09/23/18 (13)
- Rec: The Balsams Sugar Cookie [LINK] - Ann - 9:21pm on 09/23/18
- We are very partial to this humble Sugar Cookie from the prairies... - Richard in Cincy - 11:21pm on 09/23/18
- Let's Sugar Cookie (Beard Family Cook Recipe) [LINK] - GayR - 11:41pm on 09/23/18
- Thank you all. I'm thinking of making little batches of each and sending a test set out to her. [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:49pm on 09/24/18
- This is what I do - deb-in-MI - 10:59pm on 09/24/18
- Excellent suggestions - colleenmomof2 - 10:21am on 09/25/18
- Corn starch! - colleenmomof2 - 10:14am on 09/25/18
- Added recipe to above (and shout-out DM sent to Marilyn) - colleenmomof2 - 3:30pm on 10/05/18
- Thanks to Gayle Cameron I add a little Fiori Di Sicilia to plain cookie and cake recipes! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 11:56am on 09/25/18
- Fiore Di Scilial is so strong--do you use an eyedropper? I do! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 4:31am on 09/27/18
- Oh, you guys are going to make Sandy SOOO happy. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:47pm on 09/25/18
- I sub 1/4 c brown sugar sometimes. Bumps the flavor a bit [NT] - AngAk1 - 8:49pm on 09/29/18
- Bummer. Four batches of test cookies are already done. Mailing them tomorrow. - MarilynFL - 10:23pm on 09/30/18