Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
That is such a beautiful area...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30515 at 8:40 pm on Sep 26, 2018
My orchestra made a pass through the Dolomites on tour in 1986. We played at the Mahler Festival in Toblach (Broadcast LIVE on the RAI!!!) and other concerts in Bolzen, Cortina, etc. I just remember those beautiful glacial fed lakes surrounded by the craggy peaks of the Dolimite Alps, that brilliant blue water, and that I was in Italy and could speak German anywhere I went. Fond memories.
I was also through this area in 1983 although I didn't make any stops. I travelled frequently between Graz-Venice and also did a trek from Venice to Monte Carlo, passing the southern edge of Lake Garda and Sirmione on the way to Milan. When were you in Venice and Sirmione? It would be hoot if we were in Venice at the same time in 1983 (and yes Central Europe was HOT! in the summer of 1983.): Graz-Venice 3rd week of August, Venice to Milan 4th week of August, Venice-2nd week of September, Firenze and Roma, 3rd & 4th week of September,
That sounds like an amazing week!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30515. Your Ultimate Food Experience - Richard in Cincy - 3:33pm on 09/25/18 (17)
- I have so many but one always comes back to me. As you all know - orchid - 4:35pm on 09/25/18
- Here's mine: 1983, Larry and I spent 5 weeks in Europe on a VERY limited budget. Our Bible was [IMAGE] - MarilynFL - 10:24pm on 09/25/18
- That is such a beautiful area... - Richard in Cincy - 8:40pm on 09/26/18
- I'd have to work backwards.... - MarilynFL - 1:14am on 09/27/18
- Close. I was in Austria during those dates. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 2:38am on 09/27/18
- Wow [NT] - AngAk1 - 9:10pm on 09/29/18
- PS: I should add that the reason we were panicking about the cost of the meal - MarilynFL - 10:36pm on 09/29/18
- Thank goodness the summer of 1983 was the summer of the ever rising dollar... - Richard in Cincy - 10:58pm on 09/30/18
- A couple of things I remember: - mistral - 12:15am on 09/26/18
- Off the top of my head... - Melissa Dallas - 9:49pm on 09/26/18
- Wow, you reminded me of when I was a kid. . . - mistral - 4:23am on 09/27/18
- Mine is not about a fancy or ethnic meal but a family happening with a red bell pepper soup I made - KarenNoCA - 2:38pm on 09/27/18
- 1976. Finally decided to stop spending our vacations revisiting the parents and take a trip. - Marg CDN2 - 8:10pm on 09/28/18
- Restaurant meal was at The Red Lion Inn outside Boulder CO. They serve whipped cream in a gravy boat - AngAk1 - 9:05pm on 09/29/18
- So many to choose from but here are a few [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:30pm on 09/30/18
- They cut the crusts off! No way! Wow. Best pizza ever, Post Corner in Clearwater Beach FL - AngAk1 - 3:01am on 10/01/18
- Blue crabs - colleenmomof2 - 3:50pm on 10/05/18