Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Wow, you reminded me of when I was a kid. . .
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Posted to Thread #30515 at 4:23 am on Sep 27, 2018
We had a peach tree near us growing wild. All of us kids would be on that tree when its peaches gave the first signs of being ripe--so of course they were half ripe and hard as rocks. We would drag them home and my mother always made us a pie. Green and hard and super tart those peaches were but those were the best pies ever. I guess it was all the love my mom put into the pie that made them so good along with lots of sugar!
A Proud "Master Food Preserver San Bernardino County" since 1996!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30515. Your Ultimate Food Experience - Richard in Cincy - 3:33pm on 09/25/18 (17)
- I have so many but one always comes back to me. As you all know - orchid - 4:35pm on 09/25/18
- Here's mine: 1983, Larry and I spent 5 weeks in Europe on a VERY limited budget. Our Bible was [IMAGE] - MarilynFL - 10:24pm on 09/25/18
- That is such a beautiful area... - Richard in Cincy - 8:40pm on 09/26/18
- I'd have to work backwards.... - MarilynFL - 1:14am on 09/27/18
- Close. I was in Austria during those dates. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 2:38am on 09/27/18
- Wow [NT] - AngAk1 - 9:10pm on 09/29/18
- PS: I should add that the reason we were panicking about the cost of the meal - MarilynFL - 10:36pm on 09/29/18
- Thank goodness the summer of 1983 was the summer of the ever rising dollar... - Richard in Cincy - 10:58pm on 09/30/18
- A couple of things I remember: - mistral - 12:15am on 09/26/18
- Off the top of my head... - Melissa Dallas - 9:49pm on 09/26/18
- Wow, you reminded me of when I was a kid. . . - mistral - 4:23am on 09/27/18
- Mine is not about a fancy or ethnic meal but a family happening with a red bell pepper soup I made - KarenNoCA - 2:38pm on 09/27/18
- 1976. Finally decided to stop spending our vacations revisiting the parents and take a trip. - Marg CDN2 - 8:10pm on 09/28/18
- Restaurant meal was at The Red Lion Inn outside Boulder CO. They serve whipped cream in a gravy boat - AngAk1 - 9:05pm on 09/29/18
- So many to choose from but here are a few [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:30pm on 09/30/18
- They cut the crusts off! No way! Wow. Best pizza ever, Post Corner in Clearwater Beach FL - AngAk1 - 3:01am on 10/01/18
- Blue crabs - colleenmomof2 - 3:50pm on 10/05/18