Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
CI's peanut butter cookie is my go to recipe. Always well received. You could stuff it,...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30517 at 3:51 pm on Sep 28, 2018
...as you say.
Super-Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies
From Cooks Illustrated
Makes approximately 30 Large Cookies
2½ Cups All-Purpose Flour
½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Salt
½ lb. Butter, salted
1 Cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Cup Extra-Crunchy Peanut Butter
2 Large Eggs
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Roasted Salted Peanuts (ground in food processor to resemble coarse bread crumbs)
Adjust oven rack to low center position; heat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl.
In bowl of electric mixer or by hand, beat butter until creamy. Add sugars; beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes with electric mixer, stopping to scrape down bowl as necessary. Beat in peanut butter until fully incorporated, then eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. Gently stir dry ingredients into peanut butter mixture. Add ground peanuts; stir gently until just incorporated.
Working with 2 tablespoons dough at a time, roll into large balls, placing them 2 inches apart on a parchment-covered cookie sheet. Press each dough ball with back of dinner fork dipped in cold water to make crisscross design. Bake until cookies are puffed and slightly brown along edges, but not top, 10 to 12 minutes (they will not look fully baked). Cool cookies on cookie sheet until set, about 4 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Cookies will keep, refrigerated in an airtight container, up to 7 days.
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 30517. Best ? Pb Cookie recipe .. maybe with choc chip & cranberrys? - KiwiChris_Melb_Oz - 4:32am on 09/28/18 (9)
- Well, hello there KiwiChris...very nice to see you again! This option is [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:48pm on 09/28/18
- PS: I miss Barbara in VA. Hope she is doing well. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:52pm on 09/28/18
- CI's peanut butter cookie is my go to recipe. Always well received. You could stuff it,... - Michael in Phoenix - 3:51pm on 09/28/18
- These are wonderful [NT] - AngAk1 - 9:20pm on 09/29/18
- Even better if you can score blistered peanuts. [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:21pm on 09/29/18
- Amen, Blister Sister. TJ's has good ones. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 2:59pm on 10/02/18
- Really? I did NOT need to know that. Bertie County Peanuts just found me in NC. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 5:15pm on 10/02/18
- Michael, what is Gayle's ph# please. My husband accidentally deleted it on my phone [NT] - Marsha tbay - 1:32am on 10/05/18
- Rec: Salted Peanut Butter Cookies by Autumn Martin [LINK] - Ann - 4:22pm on 09/28/18