Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
PS: I should add that the reason we were panicking about the cost of the meal
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30515 at 10:36 pm on Sep 29, 2018
was because we were traveling with a backpack. That's it. And we hadn't found a laundromat in 8 days and had no clean clothes.
So that Sunday when we checked in, we asked about a laundromat, but the porter told us they could do our clothes. We stupidly handed them over and two hours later, we were handed back a beautiful pile of laundered clothes...even Larry's underwear had been ironed. And his socks.
One Hundred Ninety THOUSAND LIRA.
For ironed socks.
That converted to $60...which was 2.5 days of our budgeted funds.
I'm pretty sure our clothes didn't even add up to $60.
...which explains the panic that escalated as bottle after bottle and flambéed...everything kept appearing at our table.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30515. Your Ultimate Food Experience - Richard in Cincy - 3:33pm on 09/25/18 (17)
- I have so many but one always comes back to me. As you all know - orchid - 4:35pm on 09/25/18
- Here's mine: 1983, Larry and I spent 5 weeks in Europe on a VERY limited budget. Our Bible was [IMAGE] - MarilynFL - 10:24pm on 09/25/18
- That is such a beautiful area... - Richard in Cincy - 8:40pm on 09/26/18
- I'd have to work backwards.... - MarilynFL - 1:14am on 09/27/18
- Close. I was in Austria during those dates. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 2:38am on 09/27/18
- Wow [NT] - AngAk1 - 9:10pm on 09/29/18
- PS: I should add that the reason we were panicking about the cost of the meal - MarilynFL - 10:36pm on 09/29/18
- Thank goodness the summer of 1983 was the summer of the ever rising dollar... - Richard in Cincy - 10:58pm on 09/30/18
- A couple of things I remember: - mistral - 12:15am on 09/26/18
- Off the top of my head... - Melissa Dallas - 9:49pm on 09/26/18
- Wow, you reminded me of when I was a kid. . . - mistral - 4:23am on 09/27/18
- Mine is not about a fancy or ethnic meal but a family happening with a red bell pepper soup I made - KarenNoCA - 2:38pm on 09/27/18
- 1976. Finally decided to stop spending our vacations revisiting the parents and take a trip. - Marg CDN2 - 8:10pm on 09/28/18
- Restaurant meal was at The Red Lion Inn outside Boulder CO. They serve whipped cream in a gravy boat - AngAk1 - 9:05pm on 09/29/18
- So many to choose from but here are a few [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:30pm on 09/30/18
- They cut the crusts off! No way! Wow. Best pizza ever, Post Corner in Clearwater Beach FL - AngAk1 - 3:01am on 10/01/18
- Blue crabs - colleenmomof2 - 3:50pm on 10/05/18