Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
So many to choose from but here are a few
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #30515 at 10:30 pm on Sep 30, 2018
Mom's pork roast and sauerkraut after smelling it roasting all day.
Just-out-of-the-oven baguette and an excellent triple creme cheese with a good bottle of red on the beach on Guadaloupe.
The first time I tasted Julia Child's French Onion Soup.
The second time I tasted Julia Child's French Onion Soup.
EVERY time I taste Julia Child's French Onion Soup.
Sauteed wild mushrooms and onions with red wine cooked by my ex-MIL after a mushroom-gathering hike through the woods at her cabin in Burr Oak State Park in OH. My ex-FIL was an expert mushroom forager.
A perfectly-grilled Porterhouse Steak for two at a great steakhouse. 30 years ago and still the best in my mind.
1967 House Special pizza at The House of Pizza in St. Cloud, MN. Recently revisited it and found the pizza was EXACTLY the same.
Thinly-sliced fresh white bread, ham and cheese sandwiches with the crusts cut off when I lived in London. Ate them every day for lunch at the local pub. Wrapped in tissue paper.
Just recently: the best burger I ever ate. Kobe Beef Burger at the Boon Fly Cafe on a trip through Napa. Sensational burger. Excellent sweet potato fries too. Really memorable.
So many more!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30515. Your Ultimate Food Experience - Richard in Cincy - 3:33pm on 09/25/18 (17)
- I have so many but one always comes back to me. As you all know - orchid - 4:35pm on 09/25/18
- Here's mine: 1983, Larry and I spent 5 weeks in Europe on a VERY limited budget. Our Bible was [IMAGE] - MarilynFL - 10:24pm on 09/25/18
- That is such a beautiful area... - Richard in Cincy - 8:40pm on 09/26/18
- I'd have to work backwards.... - MarilynFL - 1:14am on 09/27/18
- Close. I was in Austria during those dates. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 2:38am on 09/27/18
- Wow [NT] - AngAk1 - 9:10pm on 09/29/18
- PS: I should add that the reason we were panicking about the cost of the meal - MarilynFL - 10:36pm on 09/29/18
- Thank goodness the summer of 1983 was the summer of the ever rising dollar... - Richard in Cincy - 10:58pm on 09/30/18
- A couple of things I remember: - mistral - 12:15am on 09/26/18
- Off the top of my head... - Melissa Dallas - 9:49pm on 09/26/18
- Wow, you reminded me of when I was a kid. . . - mistral - 4:23am on 09/27/18
- Mine is not about a fancy or ethnic meal but a family happening with a red bell pepper soup I made - KarenNoCA - 2:38pm on 09/27/18
- 1976. Finally decided to stop spending our vacations revisiting the parents and take a trip. - Marg CDN2 - 8:10pm on 09/28/18
- Restaurant meal was at The Red Lion Inn outside Boulder CO. They serve whipped cream in a gravy boat - AngAk1 - 9:05pm on 09/29/18
- So many to choose from but here are a few [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:30pm on 09/30/18
- They cut the crusts off! No way! Wow. Best pizza ever, Post Corner in Clearwater Beach FL - AngAk1 - 3:01am on 10/01/18
- Blue crabs - colleenmomof2 - 3:50pm on 10/05/18