Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Geeze, when I was in the vicinity of 20 years of age, I saw the PB & Bacon combo. . .
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Posted to Thread #30519 at 6:37 pm on Oct 2, 2018
in an OLD cookbook my mom had. I tried it and liked it. I would warm the PB, add real bacon bits and spread it on crackers, pack that and an apple and I had a good, tasty lunch for work or school. What I liked about it is that it really stayed with me, with the fruit and PB protein, and fat from both the PB and bacon.
I gotta make some of the above again. I haven't had it in a long time. . .
A Proud "Master Food Preserver San Bernardino County" since 1996!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30519. In the peanut butter cookie vein: Looking for a sandy textured, melt in mouth PB Cookie . . - mistral - 11:06pm on 09/28/18 (26)
- mistral, read the description of these cookies may be what you are looking for [LINK] - GayR - 11:39am on 09/29/18
- Here is another comparison [LINK] - GayR - 1:36pm on 09/29/18
- Those sound good. Thankfully I don't have to breastfeed in public to get the recipe. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:05pm on 09/29/18
- Marilyn, I went absolutely hysterical laughing at your post....you made my day...... [NT] - GayR - 6:59pm on 09/29/18
- [smile!] [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:08pm on 09/30/18
- These both sound like what I am looking for, and the second sounds especially easy, Thank You! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 7:06pm on 09/29/18
- Mistral, you are very welcome.....let us know your results.... [NT] - GayR - 8:17pm on 09/29/18
- I am going to try to make some tonight along with the most recent Oatmeal cookie from ATK. (nt) [NT] - mistral - 9:09pm on 10/01/18
- Gay, Gay, Gay, you've done it again, thank you so much for this blog. I spent over an hour - Pat-NoCal - 11:38pm on 09/29/18
- Pat, You are very welcome.....could not agree more about looking and wanting to make recipes from - GayR - 12:02am on 09/30/18
- To Die For PB Cookie - Pam - 7:03pm on 09/30/18
- I have been searching for YEARS for my elementary school cafeteria PB cookie - MarilynFL - 8:24pm on 09/30/18
- I will bet you that is true--hadn't thought about it. [NT] - Charley - 3:42pm on 10/01/18
- The most likely do NOT serve PB cookies--the fat content is too hight!. . . - mistral - 9:08pm on 10/01/18
- They don't serve pb cookies because there are too many peanut allergies. :-) [NT] - LisainLA - 5:01am on 10/02/18
- Right - Pam - 5:46pm on 10/02/18
- Just made PB cookies using bacon fat with this recipe [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:07pm on 09/30/18
- I love bacon crunchies mixed into PB, then spread onto crackers. My family thinks I am nuts! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 9:11pm on 10/01/18
- And I forgot to add: Maybe my "unusual" (aka "weird") Christmas cookie this year? (nt) ( [NT] - mistral - 9:18pm on 10/01/18
- I took them to work and colleagues did not like them. I really didn't either. - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:43pm on 10/02/18
- Mistral, one of my favorite Saturday lunches... - judy-mass - 9:30pm on 10/01/18
- Geeze, when I was in the vicinity of 20 years of age, I saw the PB & Bacon combo. . . - mistral - 6:37pm on 10/02/18
- I remember bacon pieces in pnut butter for a short time being sold as a kid. [NT] - AngAk1 - 12:05am on 10/03/18
- They seem to be popular now, just saw this on my reader this morning. [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 6:06pm on 10/01/18
- Love these - very pnut buttery and not too sweet, definitely melt in your mouth! [NT] [LINK] - LisainLA - 5:04am on 10/02/18
- Betty Crocker dry peanut butter cookie pouch "enhanced" - colleenmomof2 - 3:46pm on 10/05/18