Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
Costco Chicken Bake knockoff recipe was really good
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #30536 at 4:21 pm on Oct 7, 2018
I found this on some blog and decided to make it. I had a Costco Chicken Bake only once a few years ago and was intrigued by it.
I made pizza dough and let it rise twice. I chopped the bacon and cooked it instead of cooking it then chopping as the recipe suggests. I cooked the chicken and seasoned with basil, oregano and chopped garlic then cut it up. I made Caesar dressing. I got out shredded mozzarella and some parmesan. I chopped onion as I didn't have green onion in the house.
Then I preheated the oven, put parchment on a rimmed sheet (crumpling first like Marilyn taught me of course) and stretched out two pieces of the dough so they were each about 8" X 15" or so. Then I slathered with the Caesar, put the bacon, chicken (more seasoning), onion, mozzerella and parmesan on and added a sprinkling of chopped dry-cured black olives for a little more flavor. I rolled each log, sealed the edges and put on the rimmed sheet. Egg wash, sprinkle of parmesan and into the oven. Took about 20 minutes. My DH LOVED it. So did I. A winner. What a great "sandwich". In future I'll probably try adding different stuff but I love the concept and will make it again.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30536. Costco Chicken Bake knockoff recipe was really good [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:21pm on 10/07/18 (7)
- I must try this. What a fun idea. Thank you [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 10:01pm on 10/07/18
- Oh yum! [NT] - AngAk1 - 3:20am on 10/08/18
- Sounds really good! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 3:33pm on 10/08/18
- I have finally admitted, late in life, that a toasted sandwich makes me happier than dinner out. - MarilynFL - 7:48pm on 10/08/18
- Agree! - colleenmomof2 - 8:47pm on 10/08/18
- Disagree! I have to make the sandwich. OK sometimes BUT . . . - mistral - 7:05pm on 10/09/18
- oh no...someone else is making my sandwiches. I'm retired now and will pay for - MarilynFL - 9:57pm on 10/09/18