Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Need you guys's help
Joined: Apr 13, 2006
Posted to Thread #30550 at 12:22 am on Oct 16, 2018
I am originally from Canada many years ago and I was wondering, if I am looking for someone, what is the best way? I am not a facebook user, but my wife does in a limited way. She wasn't sure when I asked her if she would put in a name in the search box would facebook include Canada in the search. I am not sure if people in Canada are on facebook or the internet like the USA people are, because I put in a childhood buddy I knew and nothing came up when I searched the internet or facebook. You would think guys would pop up on the internet because they are not likely to have changed their name. I am thinking he could have passed away, maybe not as we are not that old, but at least someone with the same last name, eg. wife, would still be around and a computer/facebook user.
UPDATE I just put a search on the internet and I got a bunch of people with the same name on facebook for this person. Now what do I do? I feel like saying on the facebook "I am looking for Jane Doe, does any of you people with her name happen to be the person I used to know?", but what do I do?
Other messages in this thread:
- 30550. Need you guys's help - oli - 12:22am on 10/16/18 (12)
- Yep, lots on facebook here but I think some of us have become too leary, leery, o'leary. I can't - Marg CDN2 - 1:25am on 10/16/18
- We used to live in Burnaby, so they were my childhood friends from homes on the street. [NT] - oli - 2:33am on 10/16/18
- Maybe this will give you a way - Charley - 10:55am on 10/16/18
- Thanks for the help, looks dawnting, probably because I don't use facebook. [NT] - oli - 12:24pm on 10/16/18
- oli, would this site help you any? It's advertised to help track down people living in Canada. [LINK] - wigs - 1:30pm on 10/16/18
- Thanks, I got a couple of address and will mail out letters to each person. - oli - 6:51pm on 10/16/18
- I think the Facebook is set up. - oli - 9:42pm on 10/16/18
- Facebook is a pretty amazing way to get connected. Our DSIL found a brother he - Charley - 10:46am on 10/18/18
- Since setting up my FB account I am being asked to post a pic. of myself to be reactivated [NT] - oli - 2:51pm on 10/18/18
- The really reliable route is obits. Unfortunately. May be good news if you don't find something. The [LINK] - Marg CDN2 - 6:25pm on 10/17/18
- I would start with G**gle... - MariaDNoCA - 3:45am on 10/19/18
- I appreciate your help and suggestion and if I hadn't mentioned it before, thanks to everyone. [NT] - oli - 2:41pm on 10/19/18